AMG to phase out the V12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
Have to confess I read this on the other MB forum.
Shouldn't really come as a surprise I guess. Nowadays with the hot V V8 being so good.
I guess the days of being able to own a reasonably priced V12 will come to an end and only expensive esoteric cars will have V12's.

'Tis the way of the world - as manufacturers are forced to chase efficiency by government targets, V12s become V8s, V8s become V6s and so forth. My city car now has a turbo 2 cylinder which is as far as it can reasonably go, otherwise I'm going to be driving a cement mixer..

Cheers,

Gaz

Have to confess I read this on the other MB forum.
Shouldn't really come as a surprise I guess. Nowadays with the hot V V8 being so good.
I guess the days of being able to own a reasonably priced V12 will come to an end and only expensive esoteric cars will have V12's.

Great news for us with them
Piece of history. !!

makes me want one more. FOMO...

Great news for us with them
Piece of history. !!
Your timing couldn't have been better, as I guess a lot of people will want to scratch that V12 itch whilst you can still get one in decent condition.

Your timing couldn't have been better, as I guess a lot of people will want to scratch that V12 itch whilst you can still get one in decent condition.

Mines a keeper
Just a thing of beauty
And it goes like stink
The inside is a £170000 car no doubt

We enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom