AMG Virgin :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E63Chris

Car
E63 AMG
Afternoon all,

Got steered here by a pal (Gav) from one of the Volvo forums I belong to.

Always been into my Volvo's and still am :D Had a dabble for a couple of years in the bimmer world (M3), and then got an itch for something new again. After narrowing it down to a V10 RS6 or E63, I ended up with the AMG! And couldn't be happier!

I managed to stretch the budget to a 2012 5.5 Bi-Turbo with Performance Pack! It's a hell of a machine, so pleased with the decision I made. Had it for 5 weeks or so and the smile on my face is still as big and stupid as the day I bought it!!

Anyhoo, I look forward to sticking around and picking your brains, and will undoubtedly end up modifying! First port of call is a diffuser and splitter I think, if anyone has any recommendations?!

Here is a couple of pics from the day I picked it up;

QryqxD.jpg

ObfUgr.jpg

b7bBSo.jpg

Zyprn5.jpg

4o0xAx.jpg

TueGIJ.jpg

s2DB6O.jpg

Welcome to the forum Chris, Absolute gem of a e63 i can well believe your your still grinning from ear to ear.

I'm sure some other e63 owner's on here will be able to advise you on mods etc etc, MSL are held in very high regard on here.:devil:

Awesome car:thumb:

Very nice machine.

Welcome to the crazy forum.

Welcome to the E63 club - they're a laugh, aren't they :D

Got to love a wagon! Lovely car, many congrats!

Fantastic choice, just like mine but a 'S' rather than a 'W'. And of course welcome.

Welcome :thumb:
RS6 is a beast of a car but you made a good choice with the 63!

I have a question about these...

Noticed the same on SJ's car, how come these come with the nicer grille and a bonnet star? When some other AMG's come with the sports grille and bonnet badge

I have a question about these...

Noticed the same on SJ's car, how come these come with the nicer grille and a bonnet star? When some other AMG's come with the sports grille and bonnet badge

Older cars...no longer an option in the UK unfortunately.

renault12ts said:
Older cars...no longer an option in the UK unfortunately.

I think they are nicer with that grille on the pre-fl, not a fan of the star as I'd only worry about someone pinching it but the grilles are lovely

I really miss the bonnet star. The grill star is just an Atego truck !

To be honest, I'm not a fan of this grill, and much prefer the sports type grill with the big badge in the centre.

I am fan of the bonnet star, rather than a badge on the bonnet, just seems right on a Merc to me!

I have got a new grill to go on, but whether that will be overkill with the bonnet star :dk:

BlbZU0.jpg

Each to their own though!

I prefer your set up to be honest, though wouldn't change mine for it now. I also thought about putting a bonnet star on but know that it wouldn't look right with the big centre one.
Incidentally, the W212 facelift has a single horizontal bar like this, and not the twins: -

Front%20in%20Greyscale.jpg

Got to be Star in the Grill only, Or bonnet star and normal grill only. Both stars together looks confused to me.:crazy: lol

Thats going to look mental with the Centre star in the grill Chris ;)

Last edited:
Anyone got a link to a suitable bonnet badge? The original grill has to go imo.

Like I said, each to their own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom