AMG Wheel comparison

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

motorway

Car
W124 230CE
Hi all
been lurking for a while before i bought my 2018 AMG line Estate. found the site very informative and full of useful info. i am looking at winter tyre and wheel combination in preparation for next winter. i have been offered some AMG wheels from a 2012 W212 which have some part worn winter tyres on. the wheels are AMG wheels 2 off:-(A2124012302 ET48 8.5J x18) & 2 off (A2124012402 ET54 9J x 18).
my wheels on my car are
Front wheels: 8½J ET43 A21340120007X23

Rear wheels: 9J ET49 A21340121007X23

on tyre and rim comparison calculator sites it looks like they should fit, but the front brakes on my car look bigger than those on the W212 AMG. so i am looking for some advice on this. the wheels are a 200 mile drive away otherwise i would just drive there and try the wheels on my car to see if they will clear the brake calipers. not that i mind the drive it is a matter of time due to work commitments. any advice would be appreciated.

on tyre and rim comparison calculator sites it looks like they should fit, but the front brakes on my car look bigger than those on the W212 AMG. so i am looking for some advice on this. the wheels are a 200 mile drive away otherwise i would just drive there and try the wheels on my car to see if they will clear the brake .

I would be surprised if your car has a bigger caliper than a W212 AMG model. The AMG has the biggest brakes of any W212 model.

FYI, the new alloys will sit 5mm further away from the caliper on both the front and rear according to the ET's you have posted so you should have no problem with fitment.
If by chance the brakes are bigger at the front, its possible you may need a hubcentric spacer (H&R brand) with MB fitment to clear the caliper.

I would be surprised if your car has a bigger caliper than a W212 AMG model. The AMG has the biggest brakes of any W212 model.

FYI, the new alloys will sit 5mm further away from the caliper on both the front and rear according to the ET's you have posted so you should have no problem with fitment.
If by chance the brakes are bigger at the front, its possible you may need a hubcentric spacer (H&R brand) with MB fitment to clear the caliper.

Thanks for the info, i think i may give it a go based on your advice. take a trolley jack and do a check to make sure. the tyres they have on have 6mm of tread left so could manage one winter.

thanks for the help

Are you sure you're not comparing your front brakes with the rear callipers of the AMG?

upload_2020-1-29_0-34-7.jpeg

I think even a rear 63 caliper is bigger ?

Hi all
been lurking for a while before i bought my 2018 AMG line Estate. found the site very informative and full of useful info. i am looking at winter tyre and wheel combination in preparation for next winter. i have been offered some AMG wheels from a 2012 W212 which have some part worn winter tyres on. the wheels are AMG wheels 2 off:-(A2124012302 ET48 8.5J x18) & 2 off (A2124012402 ET54 9J x 18).
my wheels on my car are
Front wheels: 8½J ET43 A21340120007X23

Rear wheels: 9J ET49 A21340121007X23

on tyre and rim comparison calculator sites it looks like they should fit, but the front brakes on my car look bigger than those on the W212 AMG. so i am looking for some advice on this. the wheels are a 200 mile drive away otherwise i would just drive there and try the wheels on my car to see if they will clear the brake calipers. not that i mind the drive it is a matter of time due to work commitments. any advice would be appreciated.
You really need to confirm the size and offset on the wheels which are already on your car, ideally by reading what is stamped on the back face of your existing wheels, or if not then by looking it up online - are your existing wheels listed on the Alloy Wheels Direct website (link below)?

Mercedes E Class Estate Alloys (S213) - Alloy Wheels Direct

You really need to confirm the size and offset on the wheels which are already on your car, ideally by reading what is stamped on the back face of your existing wheels, or if not then by looking it up online - are your existing wheels listed on the Alloy Wheels Direct website (link below)?

Mercedes E Class Estate Alloys (S213) - Alloy Wheels Direct

Hi.
thanks for the reply. the wheels on my car are listed on the site that you listed in your reply. this is the link to the page relating to my wheels 19" AMG 5 Twin Spoke wheels in 7X23 High Sheen with Gloss Black - Alloy Wheels Direct (5855436)

the info given on the wheels i am looking at was given by the seller and if you type in the MB part numbers into eg. ebay it comes up with the exact wheel i am looking at getting. so i am 99% that the info he has given me is correct. these are some i found on ebay by typing in the MB part numbers ebay item 333471634224 seems to confirm info supplied by the seller.

hope this helps

I got 4 winter wheel & tyres last Year.

All the info regarding wheel & tyre winter size combinations were in the handbook, there is quite few options, following this will keep the insurers happy

The offsets appear to be the same and so the clearance for the brakes will be the same too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom