AMG wheels as fitted to the C class i think.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popuptoaster

Car
2000 E55 AMG Estate
Anyone give me a rough idea how much these are worth, they were bought new by a mate who passed them on to me for my coupe but i think they are to big and am gonna look for something in a 15" i reckon, how much roughly should i ask for them? tyres all match and were new i've done less than 200 miles on em so the the wheels are unmarked. I dont even know what they are called to advertise them, i'm not up on modern Mercs. lol

IMG_0886.jpg

Last edited:
They look like 17" from a C32? Are they genuine AMG? Have the wheels been refurbed?

It's hardly the best time of year to be selling but I would guess that if they are straight you might get £250-300 for all 4 wheels, plus about 50% of their discounted cost of the tyres (not sure what they are)?

Are they genuine ? they don't look to be staggered .

Can you list the tyre sizes?

Are there any serial numbers?

They are still on the car, i'll have a look for serial numbers when its light tomorrow and find out what make the tyres are, got one big pic of one if it helps.

IMG_0888.jpg

The tyre says 225/45 R17 and I think the wheels may say AME not AMG and therefore are replicas. If you compare them to my genuine 17 AMG ivs they are a slightly different shape (like the 18 inch shape which is slightly different) and mine have a polished rim. Howard- AMG ivs came in staggered or non staggered as standard. Look in the AMG accessory booklet the two options are still priced separately.

Edit : My genuine ones also have a grove running around the polished rim. HTH

Last edited:
If genuine AMG the part no (and other markings) will be on the rear face of the spokes - easy to see with an inspection mirror and a torch.

Cheers i'll check tomorrow, hopefully i'll get me money back on ebay if i wait a couple of months, all i want really is the money to replce them with something that suits the car better, i like a bit of dish, need some nice fat steels instead. ;)

Well I bought one spare 17" AMG alloy IV monoblock off of Ebay a few months back for my Slk32AMG, (they don't come with a spare wheel as such, only a fill it up with foam repair kit as standard).

Anyway I gave £70 including tyre for it. So I would figure £500 would be a good buy for someone if the tyres are new with only a few hundred miles on em. (Does depend on tyre rating and what they are) :)

POPUPTOASTER

I`m interseted in the wheels if you still have them.
Unable to post reply in the clasified section and for some reason I cant send PM`s at the moment.
If you PM me with your number I will give you a call.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Unable to post reply in the clasified section as I dont have the prvilage and for some reason I cant send PM`s at the moment.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

Nobody can reply to posts in the classifieds section.

You need 30 posts to send or receive PMs (anti-spamming measure).

Bill,

Thanks, yea I found out that we cant reply to posts in ads but thought it was at least 30 posts to "enter an ad" in the classifieds which should not affect PM`s. I`ve been able to send and receive Pm`s before (although under 30 posts) but now cant send at all.
I have no way of being able to contact the seller at the moment.

Chris

Just make another 10 posts over the next day or so, then you'll be able to send/receive PMs :)

Won't take long for a few nice replies etc, and you're hardly going to be accused of spamming being that you've been a member for a year :) ;)

Will

POPUPTOASTER

I`m interseted in the wheels if you still have them.
Unable to post reply in the clasified section and for some reason I cant send PM`s at the moment.

Thanks,

Chris

Looks like i cant send you messages either, i assume its cos your post count is still to low, I wont post my number on the public bit so we'll have to wait, i was gonna say dont ring over the weekend anyway though so it dont matter, you wouldnt have got em any quicker. :)

Thanks for getting in touch.
I presume you still have the wheels for sale?

Last edited:
yes, i didnt advertise em anywhere else, i was gonna stick em on ebay at the end of february when people are over xmas so they have been sitting on my coupe and clocked up another 50 miles or so on the tyres and now they need a clean, but i'll sort that out, i was gonna take em off the car but the barn where i store all my stuff is down a very muddy track so ive been avoiding going to get my old wheels back from there. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom