AMG wheels guards/mud flaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I’ve noticed that my little A45 is prone to stone chips along the bottom on wings and doors. Do any other AMG (not necessarily A45) owners experience the same and what if any solutions have you come up with ?

Noticed one on mine near the rear passenger door just Bove the sill. Annoying, but got some chipex to sort it out.

As for preventative solutions I'll be interested to see what others have come up with as I have no solutions as yet

Hi,
I have a A207 (E Class convertible) with a factory fitted AMG kit, from looking at the EPC it would appear that mud flaps are available even with the AMG kit fitted, so might be worth checking with a dealer to see if they are available for you're model if you would be happy with mud flaps as an option.
On my CLS 55 from the factory they fitted a transparent film at the bottom of the rear doors in front of the wheel arch, and I believe there is a 3M product that could be fitted in the vulnerable areas of the paint work to protect against stone chips etc.
I am having the front bumper painted on the CLS and I have enquired about getting it entirely wrapped in this protective film after paint to stop the dreaded stone chips.

I fitted some cheap rubber mudflaps to the front of my old CLA45 to stop this.

I drilled them and fixed them to 2 or 3 existing fixings on the wheel arch liner.

Not the best pics, but gives you some idea:
37810826194_d81cdf4ae6_k.jpg

33996861412_b015a20e71_k.jpg

Hitech OEM in Leicester supplied front and rear for my C250CGI with AMG bodytrim.
No one else supplied them then 2014.
Not even sure if they are still in business.
Very good quality and fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom