AMG wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Topping

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Hi,

I am considering a refurb of my AMG wheels and considering an anthracite colour on my W208 CLK.

Has anybody tried this or know whether it suits the car?

My car is a wonderful deep blue and I thought this new wheel colour would work well, I am keen to get other opinion.

Thanks
Ian

Not a fan of very dark wheels. If you dont like standard MB silver there is an official MB wheel colour called titanium silver which is a grey/silver which could look good.

MB sterling siver works really well with tansanite blue .. lovely contrast

anthracite would cheapen it and make it a chav chariot.

Anthracite was the in thing a couple of years ago,now it tends to make cars look tacky.Go with silver and keep them clean.

Certainly agree that too dark gives a drug dealer look!

I'll get a pic up shortly of my 209 with a slightly darker than standard silver, without being full on anthracite.

guys,

really appreciate the feedback, don't want to turn my lovely motor into a bad boy car, but i would like to do something different to enhance it

james i would love to see your 209 as i would only consider a slighly darker high gloss finish that looks silver in direct light and then light anthracite in the shade.......if that makes sense

They look great as they are. Dont change them.

what a beautiful car .. brings back memories:

frontsideview.jpg

rearsideview.jpg

here you go... (ignore the graze on the wing it's heading for the bodyshop on Monday for that and endless amounts of rust to be fixed!)

Rims.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom