AMG wheels!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pwks

Car
w211 E320
Just put on some AMG wheels and new tyres!!

Then started reading threads to catch up and realised that it has a huge effect on speedometer readings or whether it may effect the bodywork?!

Maybe should have done some homework first. Any thoughts on what my change has done?

Original wheels were 225/55/16 x 4 but now 245/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear.

:confused:

What car do you have ?

They shouldn't affect your speedo readings if you have fitted the correct sizes as the rolling radius should be the same.

They might affect the bodywork though - you might need your wheel arches rolled.

S.

Ok.... you dont say what Benz you have... anyway, I too have 18's with 225/40 front and 245/40 rear, All I can say is that comparing my GPS speed with my car speedo, the car is about 4-5mph more on the speedo.

Hope this helps

Sorry all. Forgot to state my car, its a E320 (211).

Thanx for your replies anyway.

The new rear tyres have 98.3% the circumference of the original tyres so there shouldn't be a speedometer issue. Your car will actually be going slightly slower than previously for a given indicated speed.

The 211 will probably take the wider sizes ok..You'll soon know.

Ps. The fronts are 99.9% the size of the old tyres so no issue there. I hope the ASR doesn't pick up the wheel speed difference from front to rear. 1% is probably within tollerance.

Last edited:
my dad has an 89 G 300CE. we fitted 8x18 fr and 9x18 rr original AMGs with something like 235 fr and 265 rr. we had to get the box section of the lip of the rear arches tapped in to clear the wheels when compressed. this is now fine. the front catch very rarely (full lock, big bump), that can be rectified by shaving 5mm off the wheel where it meets the hub.

*EDIT* forgot to mention the rather large factor that it is lowered by 30mm! D'oh!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom