AMG white lettering on mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
The black "AMG" mats in my recently acquired W221 are in excellent shape and have come up virtually as new following a vacuum, shampoo and brush. However, the white AMG letters are very grey now. I have tried spot cleaning with "Vanish" but they still look very discoloured.

Is there anything that you can recommend to get the white back? It's the only thing spoiling my mint interior and I don't really want to buy new mats if I can help it. (It looks worse in real life than in these pics)

Many thanks.

Obligatory pics

IMG_20211028_141652.jpgIMG_20211028_141725.jpgS60OCD.jpg

Wow, lovely car! I would try a good quality car interior cleaner with a medium stiffness brush, and then dab with a microfibre towel.

PS the registration number seems apt for someone with such high standards 👍🏻

I've literally thrown them into the shower and gone through many rounds with an all purpose cleaner, rinse and repeat (literally). You wouldn't believe how much dirt is in there.

You can also power wash them, just don't get too close to that area with a high pressure jet wash as the threads are more vulnerable than the rest of the carpet. Also don't use a stiff bristle brush, it will ruin the threading. I used APC and a detailing brush, work into a lather, rinse, repeat.

Also make sure you get the back of the mat/logo, too.

This was before I got my steam cleaner - but if you have one, use that too.

The black "AMG" mats in my recently acquired W221 are in excellent shape and have come up virtually as new following a vacuum, shampoo and brush. However, the white AMG letters are very grey now. I have tried spot cleaning with "Vanish" but they still look very discoloured.

Is there anything that you can recommend to get the white back? It's the only thing spoiling my mint interior and I don't really want to buy new mats if I can help it. (It looks worse in real life than in these pics)

Many thanks.

Obligatory pics

View attachment 120168View attachment 120169View attachment 120170
Tippex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom