Amgs from black to silver..

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by jgs600, Jul 22, 2013.

1. jgs600

jgs600 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1998 c250 estate.. my weekend car
    well after listening to forum members i got myself a cheap set of 18" angs and refurbed them myself, took me 2 days to get the polished lip done..ha..
    anyways after putting new tyres on and fitting them to the car i think everyone was right.. the silver looks much better and suits the colour and stance of the car now..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Sambo

Sambo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2 x MB
    They looks 1000 x better. Fair play. I need to address my polished lips but keep putting it off.

Are they genuine staggered wheels?

3. OP
    OP
    jgs600

Car:
    they are just standard 18" non staggered BUT i have noticed one small niggly thing i will have to address.... i bought 3 of the Amgs together for £90 and these are made in austria, the single one i bought for £45 BUT its made in belgium.. but has the exact same numbers printed on it... i have noticed though the one made in belgium the polished lip is about 3mm thinner than the other 3... very weird so i guess i will have to keep my eyes peeled for a cheepo made in austria 18' Amg to rectify this small problem..lol

4. Sambo

Sambo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2 x MB
    For that money it's difficult to complain! They sound like a bargain!

I keep looking for gen staggered ones to replace my 17s but they're rocking horse...

I love all mono blocks tho, think they're the best wheels for the car whatever the size.

5. simon1966

simon1966 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 ESTATE S211 (2004)
    When you say 3mm thinner, where do you actually mean? That odd wheel could well have been refurbished in the past and had the face machined to remove damage, especially if it had polished lip. Therefore making it slightly different, so may be nothing to do with country of origin.

Looks like you have made a nice job though - well done!

6. OP
    OP
    jgs600

Car:
    oke heres goes. here is some picture of both rear wheels..can anyone notice the difference in the width of the rim..!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. gurpz

gurpz Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    Mercedes C230K Sport
    That looks a lot better in my opinion. Your cars come a long way and looking amazing. Just need some OEM Xenons to complete it now :p

8. OP
    OP
    jgs600

Car:
    was adding up the costs recently and i could have gone out and bought myself a C43 estate..!! but hey i know it wouldnt run on biodiesel...ha... think its the closest im gonna get to a C43 estate without the fuel costs...lol

9. OP
    OP
    jgs600

Car:
    oh and i do have a genuine w202 C43 2 tone Amg steering wheel sitting in the shed i bought for £30 i need to get refurbed..lol

10. simon1966

simon1966 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 ESTATE S211 (2004)
    I can see the difference but obviously one of those things that unless pointed out I think wouldn't be noticed. Strange though!!? Does the actual outer most lip edge where the tyre sits look any different in width? Hard to tell from your pics.

11. OP
    OP
    jgs600

Car:
    its very slight i guess its ok for now but will keep my eyes peeled for an austrian one..lol.. im sure i can sell the belgium one on to cover costs..just the time in polishing the lip and spraying up again..ah well never mind its not the end of the world :)

12. GP801

GP801 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK in UK, 1995 S124 E280 in Italy
    Much much better. They look really good. I really would not worry about that minute difference on the rears.

13. Laters

Laters Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Honda CR-V
    As the others have said the wheels look so much better in silver.

I just had the same choice with my summer wheels that were painted a darker colour and decided that silver would look 100% better (photos in the thread linked to below)
    http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/155859-new-colour-wheels.html

Could part of the difference in wheel width be down to the fact that the thinner wheel has been refurbished in the past and kerb damage has been machined out making the rim thinner?

14. aquanaut

aquanaut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2019 C43 AMG Estate
    Very nice!

Tags: