Amsterdam recomendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
We are off to Amsterdam for a break arriving early Friday morning and returning mid afternoon Sunday.

Any recommendations for places for breakfast, lunch and dinner welcomed. Our hotel is in Zaandam but with fast and regular access o the centre.

Also, any suggestions for places to visit or things to do that may be out of the ordinary, we will hopefully visit the Anne Frank house and we have a couple of museums lined up as well as drinks in the Skylounge.

Thanks in anticipation.

I went there with the lads and can only suggest stuff not to do if your with the mrs...

I’ve been for work and product launches with resellers a couple of times. One occasion, one of the female staff wanted to ‘see’ if the red light district really was like we said. Off we went.
She linked arms with me as we had eaten, drank beer and wine with the meal, she was a little tipsy, and we were on cobbled streets, and she thought it was highly amusing that one of the working girls was hip swaying inside her doorway, lowering to a just ‘polite’ level her bikini pants …. Then I pointed out the girl was coming on to her …
Oh, how we laughed. Oh, how she wasn’t pleased … and when we explained the deal was cheaper for her ……… well.
We’ve been to the Bloemenmarket (no guesses, Flower Market), but not sure what it’ll be like this time of year, or if it’s on at all, and the Rijksmuseum, and my daughter and then boyfriend have managed the Heineken Experience on Stadhouderskade. It’s an ‘interactive’ thing, meaning you HAVE to try one. According to her, anyway.
Pieter Cornelisz Hoofstraat has/had a Tesla dealer if you fancy some tyre kicking … And don’t forget - Bike is God, pedestrian is second class, car is third class ….

Have been to Amsterdam a couple of times, once on a stag do which is probably glossed over, but on a second, less drunken visit I did the Coster Diamonds tour which is free and interesting..

Tours

It's right opposite the Rijksmuseum too, if that's your idea of a good time..

Cheers,

Gaz

Tattoo museum's a good trip. If you want to see Anne Franks house id book tickets online before leaving the uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from smoking weed, and living on pizza and Nutella crepes for the weekend I do have some sensible suggestions.

Glow Golf is a really good laugh, absolutely useless with directions and site names but if you Google it you'll find it. Playing crazy golf in the dark with 3D glasses and neon paint everywhere is more enjoyable than it sounds.

Ice skating in the centre might still be on. There's a really, really nice breakfast place in the centre. Again, useless with directions so I'll give it a shot. Standing on the high street, with the monument and square ahead of you on the right hand side. The breakfast place is near the indoor shopping centre on the right side of the high street, can't miss it.

Also that square I mentioned, seemed pretty special as hundreds of people were taking photos there.

Not forgetting to mention the 2-man act every 200 yards or so, usually consisting of a sorry looking fellow in a wheelchair or a chair with a charity pot, and his colleague who is usually larger and dancing around. Both bopping their heads to an automated musical machine thing.

Other than that, I went with the lads so as far as attractions I can't really comment.

Last edited:
Me and the mrs went on a red light district walking guided tour. Just a laugh really. Don't miss the Sex Museum with its motorised ladies ;) bicycle outside.

Say no more nudge nudge...

Many years ago was with some mates we stepped out a 'salubrious' museum *cough* and a seagull evacuated on my mates head...

Needless to say we lunched out his 'Bird sh*t on him in Amsterdam' story for quite a while!

Oh and Eindhoven and Rotterdam are a nicer weekend away, for future use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom