Amusing badge pricing from MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
I was looking at the mercedes-benz-parts website, and noticed a 'badges' catagory

The pricing of the badges seems to be 'value' based :)

CDI, ML270, ML320, ML350, ML430, ML400, ML500 = £13.19 RRP
AMG = £32.35
ML55 = £22.70

Either the '5' is a lot more expensive tha a '0' to make (ML500 vs ML55) or someone in the pricing department has figured they can charge more ;-)

R

Supply and demand I suspect. More people want ML55 than ML270 for purposes of "upgrading" appearance, and AMG is probably most in demand of all as it can be stuck to anything, even a Mitsubishi Gallant!!

AMG specific parts are always more expensive - apparently AMG brake discs are re-mortgage material - but that's taking the biscuit!!

Unless, it's made of superlight titanium or something!!?? ;)

Remember, fitting an AMG badge to your car will actually increase your brake horsepower, top speed and attractiveness to women! £32.25 seems very reasonable for a far-reaching mod.

Cheers, ;)

Gaz

gaz_l said:
Remember, fitting an AMG badge to your car will actually increase your brake horsepower, top speed and attractiveness to women! £32.25 seems very reasonable for a far-reaching mod.

Cheers, ;)

Gaz

Oh yeah - gets me every time:rolleyes: :D

so the brabus tailgate badge at £51.10
brabus tailgate emblem at £36.50
brabus wing logo's at £29.20 each
and
brabus bonnet logo at £36.50
will be really good value then and add seeeeeerious horses

p.s.

We now also offer brabus accesories and tuning through main dealers now !!
engine management chips with +50 bhp all under MB warranty....

I ordered a badge for my 1996 C280. Gave the parts dept my chasis number and I asked him the part number which I cross refenced and found it to be: A2028171515, which I knew to be correct. A CLK280 badge turned up with part number: A2098170615. Dealer then re-orders it, thinking it had been packaged wrong and the next day a CLK280 badge shows up again. She then tells me to save packaging several different items, Milton Keynes have superseeded the C280 badge to a CLK280 badge, and that I just need to omit the L and the K. Bit strange I thought, so I called another dealer and he thought that possibly that is the case. Anyone enlighten me more, as I'm worried maybe the badge/digits are different or is the dealer having me over?

Last edited:
yes reflexboy it is right... happens all the time as the letters are individual... less part numbers for MB to worry about....

How long before Mercedes bring out an LK280 to save manufacturing costs?

On the other hand, if you make the badges cheap enough you will get every Merc badged up as AMG just like the 3-Series M3 wannabe's.

That said, last month I was at my local stealership when an SL55 AMG pulled up, darker rear lights, quad pipes etc, except it was a SL500 AMG.

If your going to get the lights, the quad pipes then at least change the badge, unless it was a SL55, why keep the AMG badge though?

Although...

Last edited:
LMAO! Interesting issue though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom