Amusing Mercedes upgrades on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pentoman

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10398&item=4512212436&rd=1

mmm.. +20bhp !! Of course! :rolleyes: :p :D :D

'the engine will think it's under more load and add more fuel'.

Of course.. the problem with making cars go faster is putting more fuel in.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like, at best, it's a resistor mod for cars without the timing selection switch which selects which octane of fuel you are using. You can set a higher octane mode that will give a small amount of extra performance, but you'd have to use high octane (super unleaded.. optimax etc) fuel.

Russ

pentoman said:
Sounds like, at best, it's a resistor mod for cars without the timing selection switch which selects which octane of fuel you are using. You can set a higher octane mode that will give a small amount of extra performance, but you'd have to use high octane (super unleaded.. optimax etc) fuel.
The stealership sells these for pennies!

trimmerplugs.jpg

I bought some for run.exe, he wanted them for his E500 club members.

DrAMG said:
what the heck is that?
resistor, aka "trimmer plug" designed to alter the retard [snigger] of the ignition, or something :)

The 500E/E500 had a fixed resistor in the USA, designed for lower octane USA fuels, if you're only ever going to use higher octane fuels like you get at European pumps then the resistor would probably improve performance. There may have been some variable resistors but I don't know any of the part numbers, all I did was order the ones run.exe asked me for (by part number) because he was told they weren't available by his stealership/parts guy.
DrAMG said:
Any for my '99 E320?
Unlikely.

Modern cars will be able to detect the type of fuel in use and adapt accordingly. Er, probably :)

DrAMG said:
eh, I'll leave it to old junkers like W124 E500's then :p
Yeah, those trashy old E500s need all the performance help they can get I'm sure ;) :p

Was the W124 500E ever officially imported in the USA?

DrAMG said:
eh, I'll leave it to old junkers like W124 E500's then :p

Wash your mouth out :mad: Nothing wrong with W124's. Some would say that they are better engineered than todays offerings :D

Ian B Walker said:
Wash your mouth out :mad: Nothing wrong with W124's. Some would say that they are better engineered than todays offerings :D
Calm down Ian, the Doc and I are just joking! :)

pentoman said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10398&item=4512212436&rd=1

Sounds like, at best, it's a resistor mod for cars without the timing selection switch which selects which octane of fuel you are using.
Russ

Actually, you are 100% right! "Gold tolerance" is a rating for resistors, which tells the +or- percentage fro the resistor. If you were to know the resistance, you could probably buy that same item from mapling for 17pence.... or 49pence if you wanted the premium version ;)
Spinal

Spinal said:
If you were to know the resistance, you could probably buy that same item from mapling for 17pence.... or 49pence if you wanted the premium version ;)
Or about £2 for the OEM mercedes version. That's cheaper than this guy SHIPS them for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom