Amy Winehouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wasn't a fan.. a seriously mixed up lass. No age to die, though. RIP.

Gaz

Another addition to the '27 club'

Never been a fan, don't really care too much if I'm totally honest... She had the talent and p***ed it all away.

My bet is on Peter Doherty next.

Winehouse.jpg

The harsh truth is that the only difference that seperates her from the rest of the smack and crackheads is that she didn't have to go out robbing old grannies to pay for her addiction.

KIDS, JUST SAY NO.

So she joins the "Dead at 27 Club"

Brian Jones
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Jim Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Amy Winehouse

A sad waste but as many have said it was only a matter of time

The very first member of the 'Dead at 27' club was the blues legend Robert Leroy Johnson (Sunrise 8th May 1911 - Sunset 16th August 1938)

If I ever consider contributing to a thread such as this, I would only ever write something that her Dad would like to read. She was after all, beyond anything else, his daughter and one time little girl.

A shocking waste of life and talent.
Not my personal cup of tea but anyone who can win 5 grammys must have done something right.

For anyone to die so young is tragic.

It is a shame, but it was more or less self inflicted. She had the best chances of escaping her habit, she had the funds, the means to get herself real help, she had a talent, she blew it.

Shame, but people of all ages die, sad, but true.

"Talent is nothing but a prolonged period of attention and shortened period of mental assimilation"
Konstantin Stanislavsky

verytalldave said:
If I ever consider contributing to a thread such as this, I would only ever write something that her Dad would like to read.
Well said. To those who have chosen to make comments in this thread that Amy's dad wouldn't like to read, shame on you.

AW was a rare but massively flawed talent. At least she's now at peace. RIP Amy.

Shame also on us who have not spared a thought for those in Norway. To me, that is today's great tragedy.

Sorry folks, I don't think she found peace, she would have found it if she kicked her habit. Its a pity she didn't pull through it.

Having just come back indoors after going out for a smoke , and poured a beer , I do not feel in a position to moralise about someone much younger than me having died from drink/drugs. Never a great fan of Amy Winehouse , I must concede that she was a very talented singer . I am surprised at some of the comments on here , and would ask that you all consider the singers/groups you admire. I suspect many of you have bought records from artists that have faced drink/drug problems (especially if you bought them in the last 50 years ! ). I absolutely do not condone hard drugs and the only illegal substance I have tried is cannabis , one time only , at the age of 50 !
( not counting moonshine in 1982 which was very , very scary ).
Lets hope that her death leads to some youngsters not going down the same path . I have a daughter 28 years old ( not a drug user ), and cannot begin to imagine how i would feel if i lost her for ANY reason .However , two of my three now grown up children have experimented with drugs in the past - and i was blissfully unaware until they told me some years later.
I would not mind betting that over 50% of people on this forum drink alcohol at least once a week , and at least 5% have/have had an alcohol problem , yes , other than cannot afford it , etc .Rant over.

To those who have chosen to make comments in this thread that Amy's dad wouldn't like to read, shame on you.

Whatever people get up to in their own time is none of my business, they can snort washing powder for all I care.

However, what I do object to is people glamourising drugs, which is what Amy Winehouse did, but that's all right, she was a good singer? Do me a favour.
If any of you have seen hard drug use and it's effects first hand, then you wouldn't be so forgiving. I lost two schoolfriends to heroin overdoses; one at 15, the other died at 19. that's not including how many lives are being ruined by drug addiction now. Those that go out robbing old folk so the can buy their next rock or bag of smack.

So yes, shame on me, what do I know?

Well said. To those who have chosen to make comments in this thread that Amy's dad wouldn't like to read, shame on you.

AW was a rare but massively flawed talent. At least she's now at peace. RIP Amy.

What a load of cobblers.

Amy was a great singer but decided to be controversial and take hard drugs. She wasn't stupid and knew the risks, this time She went a bit too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom