An E55 - But Not As We Know It...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),

You wouldn't, would you? But somebody has...:eek:

Seen that one for sale before, A long time ago!

That’s disgusting :eek::wallbash:

You wouldn't, would you? But somebody has...:eek:
You really should edit that post to include a warning so that people don’t click without thinking. Thankfully my children are in bed and I ate hours ago, so no harm done this time, but the next clicker may not be so lucky.

I see two options:
Paint the bottom black or paint the top silver.

Not good is it, sort of reminds me of those Rover (whatever they where , 600’s ??) at first glance.

Rubbish paint job too, or is badly scratched above the petrol cap.
On the bright side it has heated and cooled seats.

Cat recorded car, horrid paint job and the top is all scratched. Ouch

Cat recorded car, horrid paint job and the top is all scratched. Ouch

They mention a bump and new front but not that its a cat car. Naughty if its true. At the right price, to allow for paint err, rectification, it could be ok but if its a cat car then its already too much.

Yeah it’s a categorised car, has been discussed on the forum before when it was last up for sale some years back.

good for spares if you get it cheap enough :)

Two-tone paint; categorised car? Hmm, maybe it's a cut 'n'shut job, with the top half of a black car and the bottom half of a silver one??

I'm a painter, sadly them "scratches" on the black are not scratches, they are called "crazing" and if they are all over the black which I would suspect they are just less noticable, the price to fix in any colour would almost be the cars worth.

Not to mention it looks like a taxi from turkey 🤮🤮🤮 poor poor car.

Taste aside it's a bad paint job.

Two-tone paint; categorised car? Hmm, maybe it's a cut 'n'shut job, with the top half of a black car and the bottom half of a silver one??
You have a sharp eye although what happened is obvious. A black E55 fell into a sinkhole and a piano landed on a silver E55. If you look closely you can see the superglue holding the two together.

I've read many articles about cut and shut cars ....but none done horizontally. Horrible thing to do to a great car.

Somebody bought it for £5.7k. If the ad wording is accurate and it's been looked after, there's easily another 90k highly enjoyable miles in that car, so it could be a bit of a bargain as a keeper to use if either you could respray it yourself, or possibly get it done at mate's rates. Or if you're David Blunkett, not bother with a respray...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom