An end to an era with the Mercedes AMG C63 Black Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I came across one in the Gold Coast when I was there, my only sighting in the flesh so far.

Fixed. :thumb:

I've never seen a real one in the flesh. Seen lots of BS badges though. Some irony in there somewhere.

I've seen a few about, visually they're unremarkable unless the full aero aero kit was specced.

I've driven one and had a few laps with a pro at brooklands and I must say they're not the step up over the regular C63 that I feel they should be.

WhiteBlack said:
I've driven one and had a few laps with a pro at brooklands and I must say they're not the step up over the regular C63 that I feel they should be.

I can tell no difference what so ever between the regular and black series c63, I have driven both for a few months.

Apart from the obvious few cosmetic differences, depreciation is what sets the black series apart from the normal model IMHO.
I'd love one, as long as the Barryboy rear spoiler was binned.:D

I can tell no difference what so ever between the regular and black series c63, I have driven both for a few months.

I wouldn't go that far, the front end with the wider track has a noticeably better turn in and the the suspension is stiffer with a little less body roll. I haven't hammered the brakes in one hard enough to notice but I would imagine the superior setup would be noticeable too.

My CLK Black on the other is a completely different beast.

WhiteBlack said:
I wouldn't go that far, the front end with the wider track has a noticeably better turn in and the the suspension is stiffer with a little less body roll. I haven't hammered the brakes in one hard enough to notice but I would imagine the superior setup would be noticeable too. My CLK Black on the other is a completely different beast.

The majority of the press prefer the c63 over the clk -

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/mercedes/c63-black-series-the-perfect-road-car/25975

I wouldn't go that far, the front end with the wider track has a noticeably better turn in and the the suspension is stiffer with a little less body roll. I haven't hammered the brakes in one hard enough to notice but I would imagine the superior setup would be noticeable too.

My CLK Black on the other is a completely different beast.

C63 Black Series: The perfect road car? | PistonHeads

Oh no, a BlackSeries-off is brewing!

Less visual drama than a dance-off but potentially just as entertaining to a Mercedes enthusiastn:thumb:

C63 Black Series: The perfect road car? | PistonHeads

That seems an odd comment to make when earlier you said you couldn't tell any difference between the C63 and the C63 Black? The CLK Black isn't mentioned in that article(except in the comments).

On the subject of press, for what it's worth the CLK BS is one of Clarksons favourite cars and he owned one for a long time.

A Blackseries off? I'm game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom