An EQT coming one day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimbg

Car
2019 W213 Estate
Mercedes-Benz has taken the wraps off the latest addition to its EQ lineup, in the form of a seven-seat people mover called the EQT. A combustion-engine version is set to follow in the near future, called T-Class.
With the debut of the Concept EQT, Mercedes has now expanded its electric lineup to a total of nine vehicles, following the EQC, EQA, and EQB. These will soon be joined by the EQE E-Class-style of sedan and SUV, and the EQS as an electric alternative to the S-Class and GLS.

The EQT has been built on Renault’s CMF-B chassis architecture which is compatible with the necessary batteries and electric motors for the EV variant, as well as internal combustion engines. Overall, the concept EQT comes in at 4945mm long, 1863mm wide and 1826mm high.

In terms of the styling, the LED headlights are surrounded by a futuristic three-dimensional grille, while its stature remains quite beefy riding on 21-inch wheels wrapped in 235/45 low-profile rubber. On the sides there are a set of electric sliding doors, however, this is set to be a manual sliding door on cheaper production variants.
Inside, there’s a huge panoramic sunroof, as well as exotic white leather upholstery and relatively utilitarian styling for the centre console and dash which house a compact multimedia system.
EQT front.jpg

EQT interior.jpg

2021-Mercedes-Benx-EQT-concept-1280x854.jpeg

2021-Mercedes-Benx-EQT-concept-rear-1280x811.jpeg

2021-Mercedes-Benx-EQT-concept-interior-1280x900.jpeg

That is utterly ridiculous looking reminds me of a Peugeot 🤣

the EQT is based on the Renault Kangoo E-Tech Electric. :doh:

Ouch - that explains why outwardly it looks very un-MB apart from the badge.

The tacky stick on tablet on the dash is a bit of sad throwback to the MB interior design fails of the mid 2010s.

The steering wheel and its controls are the only things that look like it's an MB with any sort of good impression.

TAXI!

Just get an EQV.
My workplace were offering the EQV in the company car scheme for bargain money.

Trouble is MBUK Will only let you have the XLWB in the UK which at 5.4m long- longer than an S class LWB and too big for family transport.

If they offered the SWB or LWB like they do in Europe I’d give one a go.

Looks like it could be fresh out of any car factory in China!! Why the need to make EVs look freaky!?....I dont like the E Mini or the e Golf.....but at least they look like normal cars!! Most of the EV Mercs don't look great to me. I see they need to be good aero wise to get that max range.....but they are just too curvy. And with one or two notables exceptions cars without "edges" seem to age faster than ones with.....to my eyes at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom