An essential accessory for SLR owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
acquisition of wealth is not always accompanied by acquisition of taste :D

Jury is still out on the face, a little cluttered for my liking but the side detailing is lovely.

C240Sport97 said:
The Bentley Continental GT would be best :D :D :D

There is a guy at my Gym who has a black one...stunning car especially the interior :)

Who's going to pay a lot of money for a Tag when the pleb next to you got one in turkey for £20 :crazy:

I never wear mine anymore.... :(

fuzzer said:
Who's going to pay a lot of money for a Tag when the pleb next to you got one in turkey for £20 :crazy:

I never wear mine anymore.... :(

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

I am one of those plebs!!!!!!!

I first bought a fake rolex (for about £3 I think) about 20 years ago - it was a good timekeeper and looked the part, I lost it on holiday about 5 years ago - I would have been gutted if it had been the 'genuine article'. Anyway I have since bought another fake rolex (about £8) but it is no way near as good as my last one. I was at a meeting a while back and the glass fell out and rolled along the mahogany conference table - 'Excuse me could you roll my rolex glass back please' - We all had a great laugh about that! :D :D :D

I bought a fake TAG in Turkey as well, but I think I paid nearer £4! It still ticks, but the case now looks like its made out of tin and has gone mouldy, and the strap is in shreds...

There are only a few Tags I like the style of - Carrera, Targa Florio, Monza, ie the "classics", but from what I have been told they don't actually make watches any more, but outsource the production to various different mfrs., so the quality can be "variable" ;)

scotth_uk said:
When it comes to car/watch collaborations, I prefer the Bentley Breitling.

http://www.renekahle.nl/imagesbrink/breitling3.jpg
Or one of these,and yes, its genuine!
thisnavi.jpg

I've got 3 Tags, a 1500 series, a 2000 Exclusive Chronograph and a Link Series Automatic.

All are lovely watches and I wear a different one each day (Link has to be worn every other day or else it stops). The snide ones look exactly what are are - fake. They keep crappy time, and leave black tide marks on your wrist. I know - I had one years ago.

Breitling are lovely watches, I'd love one of them.

Want a decent fake Rolex? You'll have to pay for it, but its as good as real...

http://www.perfectswiss.com/frameset.htm?p=1

Could be a bit of a WIS, although not quite as hardcore as some of the guys in those forums. I have now got 10+ watches, and always looking for more. The Breitling is the daily watch though - it's so damn strong and almost totally unscratchable!

Bretiling, Seikos, Casios, Titans, Mercedes-Benz, Citizens, Pulsars, etc.

Ultimate poser watch must be the Breitling Emergency as favoured by many military pilots. But never fiddle with that big knob on the bottom left and pull out the wire antenna unless you have to.

"Breitling Emergency watch with homing beacon: When activated, the miniaturized transmitter broadcasts a signal on the 121.5 MHz aviation distress frequency at a range of approximately 100 miles. That frequency is monitored up by Cospas-Sarsat, an international search-and-rescue operation. The watch's rescue signal will remain operational for 48 hours. The batteries that operate the watch are separate from those that power the transmitter.

The beacon needs to be rearmed at the factory after one use. Users must be fully aware of the $100,000 fine assessed by virtually all State Aviation Administrations, plus search-and-rescue costs, that go with a full-scale false rescue alert"

I can think of no other watch which looks so cool but has such potential for disaster
(e.g. "Daddy, what is this wire for?? :eek: :crazy: :( in that order

Satch said:
I can think of no other watch which looks so cool but has such potential for disaster
(e.g. "Daddy, what is this wire for?? :eek: :crazy: :( in that order

LOL. Yeah - the only cool feature on the watch, and you can't even demonstrate it to anybody !! Never mind :(

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom