An honest advert for an old awful Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
What a rare thing to find. Someone who does not think an old Mercedes means they have struck gold. Feast on it's awefulness...

What a rare thing to find. Someone who does not think an old Mercedes means they have struck gold. Feast on it's awefulness...

Definitely awful and definitely not full of awe 😁

Look on the bright side, the clock is still correct twice a day! :D

I suspect the seller is in fact so honest that it probably is not that bad at all.

Pop a fresh battery and a splosh of petrol down the intake and bobs your uncle. An MOT & Tax free Mercedes once back in the UK (41 years old).

Last edited:
After poo pooing your 124 cab find, I agree with you on this one!

In fact, I’ve just bought a 123 280te that has been asleep for 16 years, and with a new fuel pump, she runs!

More or less rust free as she was kept inside, far safer bet than a 124 cab! 😂E53AA3AE-AF43-4587-A88E-BF0F3F1ACBEF.jpeg

A w123 estate. Very very nice. 280's pick of the petrol bunch?

Full glass out respray on the cards by the look of it.

A great car. I look forward to seeing some in progress photos of your restoration.

Last edited:
280 is a nice engine, but I think, if I’d had the choice of all of them I’d have picked a 300d manual, but beggars certainly can’t be choosers.

I’m going to paint the bottom half, it’s got a pair of new front wings and the doors are in primer, not sure why, the previous owner was a sprayer and prepared the car for paint before he sadly passed away.

She’s going to be lovely when she’s done, can’t believe such an old bus has ABS and seatbelt tensioners

Last edited by a moderator:
280 is a nice engine, but I think, if I’d had the choice of all of them I’d have picked a 300d manual, but beggars certainly can’t be choosers.

I’m going to paint the bottom half, it’s got a pair of new front wings and the doors are in primer, not sure why, the previous owner was a sprayer and prepared the car for paint before he sadly passed away.

She’s going to be lovely when she’s done, can’t believe such an old bus has ABS and seatbelt tensioners
Yep if you wanted a car for life then a 300d would be the engine of choice. They cost a few quid nowadays though unfortunately. Most have probably been exported to Africa for use as taxis a good few years back.

Maybe try to get hold of a really rotten w201 190d 2.5 and transplant the engine from that?

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom