An Interesting read for New BMW Owners...

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by wu56Shoozz, Aug 8, 2018.

1. wu56Shoozz

wu56Shoozz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
    Car:
    MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
  2. Deleted96908

Deleted96908 Guest

Interesting. But if they knew it was a case of setting the car up to be stolen the next night or whatever, why not disable it and rig up some hidden cameras? Better still see if the police were interested in monitoring the car.

Similar, albeit low tech, thing happened to us 26 years ago. We were living in Sweden and had returned to our head office in Maidenhead. Unbeknownst to us a high roof van had pulled behind my parked 520i, obscuring the view from the office. They then drilled the door just below the lock and made off with my entire cd collection in the boot and all of the special fix hi fi I’d recently had fitted. We put it down to bad luck but were later told by the supplying dealer after the event! that door (not lock) drilling was at the time the standard way of stealing BMWs and was reaching epidemic proportions across Europe. Read on...

So a couple of days later with everything fixed apart from the lost forever cd collection, we headed back to Sweden and parked up outside our apt in Gothenburg.

Middle of the night the car alarm went off again and exactly the same thing had happened. Door was drilled in exactly the same place - although this time they went away empty handed - coz it had already been stolen.

Twice in 3 days. Almost exactly 1000 road miles apart in different countries and exactly the same method of access. You couldn’t make it up.

markjay, wu56Shoozz and clk320x like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    wu56Shoozz

wu56Shoozz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
    Car:
    MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
    Wow! :eek::eek:

You're not putting on my lottery number mate..;)

Deleted96908 likes this.
  4. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Interesting. If the would-be thieves 'knew what they were doing'... didn't they figure-out that various fault messages on the dash and other issues (internal lights and alarm not working) would foil their plan? Unless they originally intended to return later that night but didn't, for whatever reason.