An Introduction....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Hi,

I've watched various postings on this site for some time now and thought I might as well register.

I'm 32 and have owned a 1998 E240 Avantgarde now for 14 months. It is Brilliant Silver with black cloth and has 72K on the clock. I opted out of my company car scheme last October and took the money instead, traversing from some faceless Japanese repmobile into one of Deutschland's finest luxury barges.

I love the car. It has been faultless, and as reliable as a Swiss watch. And as silent !

It has a full MBSH and is maintained regardless of cost, although I may be taking the car to Andy Gayle in the Midlands for its next service. The car is serviced in Solihull, the MB dealer there isn't too bad, no major gripes.

Running costs are pretty good, I can get 30mpg on a run if I let the cruise control do all the hard work.

Car care wise, like Koolvin I am a Zymol convert (from A-G too). It is a fabulous product, and worthy of the additional cost. Both my Mercedes and my Porsche are in showroom condition.

Porsche ? Yes, I have a 2001 Boxster S as well. Why ? Always wanted a Porsche, and now I'm lucky enough to own one. But hey, this is a Mercedes forum, right ?!!

So that's me. Looking forward to chewing the fat with some of you in 2003. Happy New Year to all.

Greg(E240)

Welcome to the forum Greg!

Opting out of the company car scheme is very popular these days, and rather than doing what everyone else does and buy a brand new vauxhall vectra or something I see you took the intelligent/informed route and bought a second hand luxury/executive car instead. Very wise :)

Welcome to the forum Greg.

I'm glad you said Boxter "S" otherwise we might of thought you had a girls car :p
Only joking of course, I too have dreamt of owning a Porsche for as long as I can remember. I am only a young lad, so maybe when I've figured out how to pay of my Mortgage I can get one too.

Sounds like you are around a similar area, so make sure you check the Events forum as we have a Get ToGether coming up in March in Kettering.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,

Cheeky young tearaway !! We got the S as speccing up a 2.7 was just too near S territory. Then both my wife and I drove and S and that was it, smitten.

I actually drove a C230K before opting for my car (bought at Hills in Shrewsbury, nice people). Okay, it hasn't got the interior space of an E Class, but Christ ! That thing shifted. Nice noise too.

GregE240

Hello , and welcome ...

Come on guys , my sit on lawnmower even has 5 pots on it :p

Welcome Greg!

Happy New Year to you too :)

Your New Year resolution - new pedal rubbers...:D

Welcome greg!!

E240 : + 10 points!
Boxster S : - 5 points

Hope your wife drives the boxster to relieve you of the burden...:p

Just playin with ya...

Seriously, sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is MBclub, you will learn so much from many people here, as everyone is gud at something different, and im sure you will bring something to us... :bannana:

If you have a wife that is...:confused:

Thats it ricky, youve started something off there...:confused:

LOL - yes, the Porsche is my wife's daily driver. Lovely car.

Amazingly, if you're steady on the gas, you can get 34mpg out of it. Not so steady, and that figure drops somewhat !

Pedal rubbers ? Que ?

Happy New Year, all !

34MPG!!!! That is pretty impressive...

I suppose it is relatively light and the engine isnt huge...

This would be what guy refers to :
Pedals

Just hope they've got more in the country now...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom