Analogue Clock Runs Slow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeinho

Car
W211 E320 CDi Sport (Comand)
Hi. Have been searching for an answer, but can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

COMAND digital clock working fine, but analogue clock is running approx 50 mins slow. When I manually change the digital clock, the analogue clock changes time, but is still slow by the same value.

Have owned the car from nearly new, so no danger of someone fiddling with the dashboard.

Any help on how I can fix this, or if this is still covered by Merc warranty? Much appreciated of you can help with advice.

Car is a 2008 (W211) E320 CDi Sport 4dr

Sorry can't really help with that. As for getting it fixed. Very unlikely it will still bw covered some 9 years on. Not sure if any goodwill may be offered from Mercedes if the car has only ever been with them, but anything is worth a try. Other than that just try an indie.

Can you not manually adjust the Hour/Min needles to show the correct time? It should then always be right instead of always 50mins slow

Can you not manually adjust the Hour/Min needles to show the correct time? It should then always be right instead of always 50mins slow

I don't think so, on mine I have to adjust, when the clocks go forward/back, in COMAND and once done the analogue clock spins back/forward an hour as well.

What I meant was, pull the clock out and move the arms to the correct time, as you would a kitchen clock etc.

What I meant was, pull the clock out and move the arms to the correct time, as you would a kitchen clock etc.

No idea, the clock is one of the main ones behind the glass so sounds complicated to me. :eek:

Old thread, but thought I'd offer an update in case anyone else has this issue. The fix is a simple case of removing the battery, then when the battery is reattached, everything resets itself.

The solution was found by accident. The battery ran flat, and literally nothing was working, so I had to use the backup key to open the car. Removed the battery for recharging, and then replaced it after a couple of days. To my surprise, the dashboard clock then aligned itself with the time set by the COMAND clock.

The only thing I can't tell you is what the minimum time the battery requires to be disconnected for. It might be seconds, but if there are capacitors effectively storing memory somewhere, then it may take longer. All I can say for sure is that 48 hours is sufficient.

Unfortunately, you'll loose all your saved memory from other systems, such as saved radio stations, etc.

Also, I understand some models have a small 12v backup battery located in the engine bay, so this may have to be disconnected too.

Hope this helps someone.

I too have had a similar issue, but if command is switched off, then leave the car overnight, in the morning the clock can then be set to the correct time in command, the clock then adjusts correctly, well almost... the analogue clock runs 6 minutes slow, which is very irritating.

sound like battery is weak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom