Analogue, Clock, W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mvsos1

Car
CLK500 Cabriolet W209
I bought a (stunning)W209 CLK500 Elegance convertible a year ago. The private seller apologised that the clock wasn't working. It was stuck reading 8.17 and had been for several years. I did some research - it looked as if it wasn't going to be a quick fix so I have put up with it only being right twice a day.

I got in the car this morning and noticed it was reading 7.55, which was the right time! I waited with some trepidation to see if it got stuck at 8.17, but it didn't. The clock is accurate to the second! I am feeling slightly spooked by this. Can anyone offer an explanation?

If the car has a sat nav, the clock is usually set by the GPS signal. Maybe it has all of the sudden connected to a satellite?

Thanks. It does have a sat nav, but that has been working since I purchased the car. This does explain the accurate time though.

That's the only logical explanation that I could think off. I thought it was a simple analogue clock too, until I've noticed that it changes time whenever the clocks change itself (was very spooky at first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom