...And another possible rescue-job (or donor)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mj2k

Car
2000 Subaru Legacy GT (remapped to 300bhp)
E55 AMG estate; may be rescue-able, or may be a good source of parts for someone:
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG 7 Seater Spares Only | eBay

I'm a little more suspicious of this one but the price is pretty darned good, even if it will need the steering wheel, speedo, AMG logos, etc replaced. Seller isn't sure if the front wings have rotted through completely or have just lost their spring hangers, but boot floor is definitely rotted.

I was semi-tempted to get it to play with (or to use to do interesting things to my E320), but it's too far away for me.

Last edited:
The seller is willing to wait longer than a week for it to be picked up.

So what's the general opinion on this one? Worth a punt even though it's lost most of it's AMG trim, or run a mile?

Wasn't there a guy on here with a cracked cylinder head (?) for a CLK55? Could be a good source of parts :thumb:

I'm still wavering. If nothing else it'd give me some interesting bits to strap on to my E320 before selling off the bodykit / wheels, and if it was rescue-able it'd be a very nice cheap way to get hold of my ideal 'lugger'.

But OTOH though the seller seems to have been perfectly honest he knows very little about the car, it has no paperwork, several bits of trim have obviously been roughly put back in place and it is lacking some of those expensive / easily-sold AMG parts, so it does have the air of being the leftover bits of someone else's donor car.

I'm still wavering. If nothing else it'd give me some interesting bits to strap on to my E320 before selling off the bodykit / wheels, and if it was rescue-able it'd be a very nice cheap way to get hold of my ideal 'lugger'.

But OTOH though the seller seems to have been perfectly honest he knows very little about the car, it has no paperwork, several bits of trim have obviously been roughly put back in place and it is lacking some of those expensive / easily-sold AMG parts, so it does have the air of being the leftover bits of someone else's donor car.

Go for it I'd love to see that thread :thumb:

BTW I still need to post the spark plugs sorry for the delay.. been really busy After getting back from holiday :D

Go for it I'd love to see that thread :thumb:

BTW I still need to post the spark plugs sorry for the delay.. been really busy After getting back from holiday :D

Ha ha, the 320 would definitely make some nice noises with a V8 and it'd make it into even more of a q-car, but I do love the way it handles with that lightweight v6 - my grip on the seat gives out long before the car's grip on the road :)

But the seller seems to be reluctant to pass on the registration number, which is ringing a few alarm bells.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom