And not a policeman in sight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveK

Banned
Car
ML270
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=566327&in_page_id=1770

Funny how there is no shortage of fully trained officers to wave their laser guns around at any time of the day or night. Saw one myself today on a stretch of road that doesn't have a single house, shop or factory near it. The link road to the Runcorn Bridge with not a single pedestrian access point any where along the spot were plod stood with his speed gun stretched out from behind a bush ( sorry mate- saw your arm ).

Just look at the damage in these pictures. If you carried out that level of damage to a government building, I bet a full investigation would take place in order to apprehend the culprits.:mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=566327&in_page_id=1770

Funny how there is no shortage of fully trained officers to wave their laser guns around at any time of the day or night. Saw one myself today on a stretch of road that doesn't have a single house, shop or factory near it. The link road to the Runcorn Bridge with not a single pedestrian access point any where along the spot were plod stood with his speed gun stretched out from behind a bush ( sorry mate- saw your arm ).

Just look at the damage in these pictures. If you carried out that level of damage to a government building, I bet a full investigation would take place in order to apprehend the culprits.:mad:

Sorry, I missed it in the article- Where did it say that anyone called up whilst it was in progress? Or have police failed to speak to the vital eyewitness who saw everything? I just fail to see any point in the article where the police have actually dropped a bollock.

The article does say patrols have been stepped up. And I'm sure a full investigation has taken place. But if there is no CCTV footage or any witnesses who saw the 'erberts doing it, then I'd be interested to find out how this could be solved, short of a Minority Report style vision.

I'd be interested to find out how this could be solved, short of a Minority Report style vision.

Oh, s**t. You mean that isn't one of the entrance requirements for new recruits.

Typical.............

Blimey what is the world comming to. I can imagine how upset and devastated some of those car owners may be.

i am sure if all the cars were parked there without permits or road tax, some CCTV will hve seen the cars, or if someone had thrown an apple from the windows

I don't see this as a failing on the part of the police. Personally, I don't want a cop hanging out on my street, watching, which is what some people here seem to be lamenting. Nor do I want CCTV, which as we saw the other day on Oxford St, perhaps the most CCTV'd street in London, doesn't prevent crime.

I see it as a failing of, for want of a better word, society, primarily parents who have raised these feral youths.

Pretty awful for the owners of the cars and indeed anyone living in that street or others near-by - it is bound to make them feel vulnerable in their own homes, which has a negative impact on anyones outlook on life.

I find it oddly reassuring that DaveK and Recycled both take the opportunity to have a go at the cops.

The people to blame for the situation aren't the Police. Nor is it the parents of those who caused the damage.

It is the numpties who did it.

No one else. Not TV, not videogames, not school, teachers or Pete Doughty, not even the Labour Party.

No one was physically hurt, they are just lumps of metal (80 of them, but still just lumps of metal) but the impact of such an attack always goes deeper.

It is sad that at that time of day no one saw anything.

In my grandads day this kind of damage (and much worse) was commonplace. The offender (apparently) only had one ball....

It is good that it appalls us. The Cops will never identify the culprits without the support of the community.

I bet the local bodyshop will be busy! ;) mmm makes you wonder:rolleyes:

The original poster seems to be upset that the Police are enforcing a speed limit on a road where there are few, if any, pedestrians. Does he not realise that collisions where drivers exceed the speed limit often involve other car users? It is not just pedestrians who are involved in collisions.

As far as the vandalism is concerned: would he prefer to be involved in a collision with a speeding driver, or to return to find his car perfectly usable but scratched?

Roughly ten people per day die on our road system. Many of those deaths can be attributed to an inappropriate, if not illegal, use of speed. How many people die every day as a result of getting their car scratched? Let's just get things into perspective.

And not a policeman in sight..........and if there had been I'm sure they would have been too busy checking tyre tread depths and tax discs to notice some idiot(s) vandalising cars! ;) ;) :D :devil:

And not a policeman in sight..........and if there had been I'm sure they would have been too busy checking tyre tread depths and tax discs to notice some idiot(s) vandalising cars! ;) ;) :D :devil:

Yeah..Yeah...you said it....
Yar Boo...!!!

I hope your detective skills are a little better when on the job, that was obvious from his first post....

Probably still drunk from an afternoon on the scotch.

There are dozens of laws affecting the motorist, all of which are approached with zeal and vigor by the boys in blue, anxious to make sure that any one who transgresses is caught and punished. Not a lot to ask then that cases such as the one I highlighted are treated with the same intensity though as we have read recently, one force wants events like this to no longer be treated as ' criminal " damage.

The people to blame for the situation aren't the Police. Nor is it the parents of those who caused the damage.

It is the numpties who did it.

To a point I agree with you, but children are born wild animals, you have to train them & teach them to be civilised. I think it's their scally parents who allowed them to believe they could do that sort of thing & that it was acceptable.

' How many people die every day as a result of getting their car scratched'
Well there's Gary Newlove from Warrington. Murdered for asking youths to stop throwing stones at his wifes car. As for the figures of people killed on our roads, I no longer believe them. They are being manipulated to justify more speed restrictions. When police forces inc in their road death statisics, the death of a cyclist who simple fell off his bike, cracked his head and died whilst cycling along, then they hold no real currency for me.

There are dozens of laws affecting the motorist, all of which are approached with zeal and vigor by the boys in blue, anxious to make sure that any one who transgresses is caught and punished. Not a lot to ask then that cases such as the one I highlighted are treated with the same intensity though as we have read recently, one force wants events like this to no longer be treated as ' criminal " damage.

Not wanting the facts to get in the way of your story, if your last point refers to the quote from Norfolk, the issue was whether a crime should be recorded as Criminal Damage, Vehicle Interference, Attempted Theft or not recorded as a crime where (there was no evidence of a recordable offence) it was more likely to have been a collision.

:rolleyes:

It is pretty clear that you have a drum to bang (that the Cops are out to get the poor motorist but will gladly let the criminals get away with anything) and the Daily Mail can only re-enforce your point of view.

'It is pretty clear that you have a drum to bang (that the Cops are out to get the poor motorist but will gladly let the criminals get away with anything)'

I've seen very little in any forms of media to contradict this state of affairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom