And now for another Turbo Technics car - a member's old 300E TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
Further to the 300CE Twin Turbo thread, I spotted this the other day....I have to admit I'm surprised no one's posted about it so far ;)

The 300E Twin Turbo, formerly of Vlad fame and used for a Merc Enthusiast article.

But WTF has happened to it :( Horrid wheels and a boot spoiler?!

It should have been left alone!

CLICKY HERE

Darren

Would have looked better without the spoiler - although i do like the colour....they don't make em like they used to!

Looks like some has just bought it and add them on.A chap joined the forum a while back trying to sell it and it was standard than

Firstly sad to hear that Roger Jones has passed away....he bought the TT off me about 4 years+ off me and he was a real Gent.

He was a regular poster on this forum, but having just searched for his last post it would appear that it was early last year.

Roger was fastidious about maintaining his cars, and from memory he had an absolutely mint silver 320CE and a W126 and maybe some others.

I know from his early correspondence with me that he continued to maintain the 300TT to a very high order and I'm sure he got the turbo's refurbished again and from memory he also had the head gasket replaced for good measure...was done previously at 110k

He certainly didn't add all of the stupid Barry Boy additions that the car now wears.....I suspect that both the owner previous to me and Roger will be spinning in their graves if they could see it now.

That car came with every single service invoice, which totalled up to @ £26k by the time it came into my possession.

From memory I sold it with @ 178k on the clock, so its not done much mileage since I sold it. Was a top top car!!!

Well I raise a glass to Roger and hope he isn't looking down at whats happened to his old 300TT

Someone needs to rescue this car!

True, but sadly a lot of the cars worth has been lost by the fact that its not got any of the supporting servicing information.....crying shame!!!!!!!

He certainly didn't add all of the stupid Barry Boy additions that the car now wears...

It's only really the wheels that look terrible. The rear spoiler looks like a Carat Duchatelet and would be fine without the sticker.

RIP Roger.

I remember seeing a few pictures of this car (taken from the magazine article) when it was standard. It looked absolutely mint and you'd never know it was a TT, I was pretty suprised that it was. This was the one that wore the sportline alloys right?

It needs some attention now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom