And so it begins!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like the kind of car I go for...

I had a nightclub owner that wanted to pay cash for my RS6 but he reckoned he could only pay in £8,000 a time and said he didn't pay tax on the cash. He sounded as dodgy as could be and started off by wanting to part-ex a 3 or 4 year-old RS3. Too dodgy, even though he may well have bought my car.

Provided that at the end of the day you have the money and he has the car, I don't see too much of a problem. You have no responsibility for the source of the cash, and look at it another way; you'd sell your car to a dealer for cash, and I've met very few un-dodgy used car - or motorcycle - dealers in the last fifty years...

Provided that at the end of the day you have the money and he has the car, I don't see too much of a problem. You have no responsibility for the source of the cash, and look at it another way; you'd sell your car to a dealer for cash, and I've met very few un-dodgy used car - or motorcycle - dealers in the last fifty years...

I think it was the nightclub owner that was worried about banking more than £8,000 in one transaction.

If I would have read your post a week ago, things may well be different and the car sold.
Reading between the lines, I think the guy was awash with cash and changed his car every couple of months. :/

Many thanks. :thumb:

Last car I tried to sell privately was a W204 C63.
I swore never again after that, ridiculous low offers by phone/text & email.
One person even asked if I would do finance!
Several turned up to look over the car and a "test drive"

How much warranty are you giving with it one asks - you will get the tail light guarantee!

I haven't had many major issues selling my cars.

I take decent pictures & give a decent description. ( not just a spec list). This lets buyers get a feel for me as well as the car. I add a footnote to deter scammers & to politely set out the ground rules.

I try to price sensibly so as to sell within a reasonable timescale. I am happy to have sensible provisional discussions re sale price, do walk/talk videos & send more pics.info. I try to avoid text nonsense. I aim to be polite & honest without being a mug.

Honest cars sold by honest decent people & priced to sell should sell....(often for more than PX or bottom trade in money). Greedy private sellers can often end up having to accept lower offers or a revised PX price if they have to renegotiate later.

S.O.R. can be an option for those with desirable rare or performance cars of value

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom