And so this is Xmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Here we are again, approaching the festive season in a world that seems full of doom,gloom and despondency. Aside from the usual "peace on earth & goodwill to all men" etc , what do you most look forward to in 2012 ? And has 2011 really been so bad ? What would really make your xmas , apart from more money and better love life?
Perhaps its just me , but as i approach my 60th year it just seems that mr/mrs average looks towards xmas with almost a sense of foreboding.Yet somebody asked me recently , "who do you know that has lost their job this year". I do not know anyone without a job , and whilst it is inevitable that we lose friends/loved ones along the years, it just seems to me that U.K. PLC is not the happy place it used to be. Can you convince me otherwise ? :confused:

I know nobody who has lost their job and there is still plenty of money to gamble, maybe that is a sign of a recession or desperate times, who knows? Yes my best mate was killed this year but it hasn't been much worse than any other! Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
This year.
Spent heaps of time with the Grandchildren another one due in January I'm really looking forward to that.
Son and daughter are both under the cosh. Our Daughter works in the NHS as a nurse and she has had constant "job reviews" Our son is a police officer he has lost shed loads of wages due to "restructuring" We keep positive (most of the time) My wife works for the local council. Job reviews there which meant pay freezes and the like. So less money in all round but still surviving.
Started to get used to retirement - The hours are great but the money is carp.
Next year. Looking forward to. Oh Yes.
Family
Friends
GTGs
This Forum
Enjoying perhaps my last good decade of reasonable health and the ability to do new stuff.
I know I'm going to have down days but Ill deal with them as they come up.

My Christmas and New Year Salutations will come later.

I do not know anyone without a job , and whilst it is inevitable that we lose friends/loved ones along the years, it just seems to me that U.K. PLC is not the happy place it used to be. Can you convince me otherwise ? :confused:

Yes.

The 'media' is run by middle aged doom-mongers that thrive on the suffering of others.

The only way to get out of this so called recession is with more positive moves and spread a bit of confidence because even with this 'Euro-zone crisis' the world will not stop turning and life will continue.

Now keep bloody calm and carry on!

Well I am planning a fantastic Christmas and New Year. I have come into a shed load of money from a relative that I never knew existed. This was a distant cousin who by some strange quirk of fate was born a Nigerian (I am Scottish) and married into the Saudi Royal Family (a Princess no less). I have sent off all my Kids Christmas money to my Cousin who will be using that to release my new found wealth to me.

Life is good. See you later suckers !!!!

Well this year has been the worst i could ever have my wife died at the age of 48 this july. So all i have now is my wonderfull daughter and this forum for having a laugh at some of you trust me you all keep me sane. Hopefully next year all will be good maybe world peace will come along and all will be merry. Hmmmm dont think so..George..

Well this year has been the worst i could ever have my wife died at the age of 48 this july. So all i have now is my wonderfull daughter and this forum for having a laugh at some of you trust me you all keep me sane. Hopefully next year all will be good maybe world peace will come along and all will be merry. Hmmmm dont think so..George..

Lost my wife at 53 to breast cancer in 2005. If it's any comfort I can tell you that you can kind-of come through it eventually. But even now I still get a bit tearful when I think about all of the things that Sue is missing - kids starting work and independent life and so on.

I'm now living with a woman 10 years younger than me and am happier than I've ever been. In 2005 I wouldn't have thought that this would be at all possible.

...I'm now living with a woman 10 years younger than me....

Well, I think I will make that my New Year's resolution.

Must tell the wife to clear some wardrobe space and phone her sister to see if she can stay there.

If you are sane George this forum is no place for you.

Well i am stuffed just looked out my old book of pick-up sayings and it crumbled to dust will have to get into practice..George..

None of us know whats round the corner-despite the adversity remain positive-treasure loved ones and let them know this.
Do something new for next year-new places, new hobby ?new friends
New Kindle?
God Bless:thumb:

Its been a crap year for me and my family.... 2 serious ilnesses, 2 deaths. money tight. house isnt selling. hopefully 2012 will be better all round. I wont be sad to wave goodbye to 2011.

2011 has been relatively hard for me and my family but not as hard as other poor souls who have no job.

We have trimmed expenditure so that we now holiday in the UK and not go abroad. We eat more home baked food and now rarely dine out. The thermostat has been turned down a degree or two but we wear fleeces. I have spent capital on refurbishing my W124 instead of buying a new car. The family have made adjustments.

But we still laugh together.

2011 has been relatively hard for me and my family but not as hard as other poor souls who have no job.

We have trimmed expenditure so that we now holiday in the UK and not go abroad. We eat more home baked food and now rarely dine out. The thermostat has been turned down a degree or two but we wear fleeces. I have spent capital on refurbishing my W124 instead of buying a new car. The family have made adjustments.

But we still laugh together.

You and your family must be warmed by the news that we have 80 million quid to spend opening the London Olympics. Who needs food when you can have an opening ceremony.

The year was going so well until Wednesday when I got that dreaded call. I am being made redundant but it isnt all doom and gloom. I have got a 12 month notice period to work so thank goodness I have an income for the next year and hopefully can get something else before the 12 months is up. The missus already went through hers and survived but they are closing her organisation for good in March 2013. Now she was told yesterday that there will be another re-org in June.

Well I am planning a fantastic Christmas and New Year. I have come into a shed load of money from a relative that I never knew existed. This was a distant cousin who by some strange quirk of fate was born a Nigerian (I am Scottish) and married into the Saudi Royal Family (a Princess no less). I have sent off all my Kids Christmas money to my Cousin who will be using that to release my new found wealth to me.

Life is good. See you later suckers !!!!

You as well?! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom