And the repairs begin....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
Have had the car since May and already it needs the ball joints and control arms changing.... Both sides....

Just like the good old days:(

Unlucky :( ive had to swap so many ball joints on the mercs i have owned, they like to get through them.

Have had the car since May and already it needs the ball joints and control arms changing.... Both sides....

Just like the good old days:(

Unfortunately they do wear with age,how old/what model is the car?

p1RATE said:
Unlucky :( ive had to swap so many ball joints on the mercs i have owned, they like to get through them.

I had the same issue with my c230k... The roads don't help)

I had to have one of mine done following the last service, 2005 40k.

I think this is just what happends owning almost any car really?

Mine has had a new spring, oil cooler pipework replaced this year at around £300 for both bits, never mid servicing and other stuff, but I think that's cheap motoring?

Its still FAR FAR less than buying a brand new car and driving out of the garage as what you will lose.

steve333 said:
Unfortunately they do wear with age,how old/what model is the car?

It's an e280 56 plate, yes it's wear and tear but it's leaving a nasty dint in my pocket) plus side is the front end is sorted for another 100k.

A210AMG said:
I think this is just what happends owning almost any car really?

Mine has had a new spring, oil cooler pipework replaced this year at around £300 for both bits, never mid servicing and other stuff, but I think that's cheap motoring?

Its still FAR FAR less than buying a brand new car and driving out of the garage as what you will lose.

I am not naive enough to think that any used car will not need some work at some point... Just thought I would get the first 12 months repair free! That said the car is a joy, someone got in the car once and said you can't beat the smoothness of a petrol Mercedes))))

Only other thing that worries me is the gearbox.... But the oil is getting changed at the same time.

..... Just thought I would get the first 12 months repair free! ..........

I find that it's usually the second 12 months that are repair free... in the first 12 months the issues that the previous owner put off because he was about to change car start coming to light, once these are attended to it's back to reliable motoring.

Meldrew2 said:
I find that it's usually the second 12 months that are repair free... in the first 12 months the issues that the previous owner put off because he was about to change car start coming to light, once these are attended to it's back to reliable motoring.

Well, here's hoping;)

After this, I am going to change the inlet shut off when the service is due in around the next 5k as I fully expect that to go at some point...along with a set of new discs and pads.

Wife loves me at the moment!!

As above you should hopefully be sorted now for a year?

Did you have the ATF changed? Mine made a huge difference when it had that. Gear change much smoother.

I wasn't meant to be funny just running cost obviously cost a bit on a merc.

A210AMG said:
As above you should hopefully be sorted now for a year?

Did you have the ATF changed? Mine made a huge difference when it had that. Gear change much smoother.

I wasn't meant to be funny just running cost obviously cost a bit on a merc.

I know you wasn't ;)

All the jobs are getting done next weekend so I'll report on the difference then. Also having the fuel filter changed as its been there for a while do fingers crossed it should be better)

It's an e280 56 plate, yes it's wear and tear but it's leaving a nasty dint in my pocket) plus side is the front end is sorted for another 100k.

Nobody likes nasty suprises but like you say thats the front end sorted for a good while;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom