And the winner of ugly car of the year is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pipmk

Car
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
Which do you think is the ugliest car in production today?

IMHO the Porsche Cayenne is a contender,looks like a moody bull frog from the front. Or the BMW 6,looks like one guy designed the back,another the front and they were both blind. Maybe the Range Rover Evoque, it went into production without anybody realising that someone had sat on the clay model and squashed the roof in.
No,for me it has to be the Nissan Juke, what a dog! It may well be "urban energised",what ever the hell that means but it looks like dog poo on steroids. Has anyone ever seen a greater collection of bulges and angles thrown together to create a bulbous, over tall, unharmonious whole.

Some or all of these may be good cars to drive,that's not the point,they are very unpleasant to see.

So what is your opinion of the contenders?

I can't agree with you on the Cayenne, I think it looks pretty smart, especially when you consider what a dog it was before. I also like the 6. I'm ambivalent towards the Evoque so wouldn't award the crown to that but I'm behind the Juke being a serious contender, those front lights are absolutely gopping.

Having said that I noticed a small Japanese/Korean box of some description on the North Circ a couple of weeks ago that nearly made my eyes bleed it was so bad but couldn't be bothered to learn what it was. That, too, would have been up there in my view.

I can't agree with you on the Cayenne, I think it looks pretty smart, especially when you consider what a dog it was before. I also like the 6. I'm ambivalent towards the Evoque so wouldn't award the crown to that but I'm behind the Juke being a serious contender, those front lights are absolutely gopping.

Having said that I noticed a small Japanese/Korean box of some description on the North Circ a couple of weeks ago that nearly made my eyes bleed it was so bad but couldn't be bothered to learn what it was. That, too, would have been up there in my view.

A Note perhaps? not really a contender in my view because they knew it was pug ugly when they built it. I know what you mean about not wanting to get too close. So the cayenne was even worse before? Not sure that is any excuse.

A Note perhaps? not really a contender in my view because they knew it was pug ugly when they built it. I know what you mean about not wanting to get too close. So the cayenne was even worse before? Not sure that is any excuse.

No definitely not a Note, I've Googled in vain since I posted so it'll remain a mystery until I see another of the horrible mingers.

I'm now off to let my hangover to continue to develop.

I know not in production today but i think anything out of the chop shop would be hard to beat!

Tony.

Yes , Nissan make some truly awful cars , not least of which is the aptly named Joke .

It is perhaps a sign of the direction they are taking that they have recently revived the Datsun name in some markets !

Having said the above , I can't muster much enthusiasm for any modern cars .

I know it's not quite in keeping but I stumbled across this the other day! It's so ugly I actually threw my phone across the room!!!

Attachments

• image-2386853994.jpg
    image-2386853994.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 42
Audi A7 is a monstrosity IMO, looks like an elephant has sat on the rear and has no cohesion

This takes a lot of beating. Ssangyong Rodius
1860BDA2-B61E-47D7-B210-1A48E53A30D4.cimg

many other choices here all graded using their paper bag rating system.

The Ugliest Cars in Britain

I had for example forgotten this euro gem the Fiat Qubo
800px-Fiat_Fiorino_Qubo_front_20100704.jpg

and the unforgettable Suzuki X-9
711px-Suzuki_X-90_blue.jpg

grober, yes i had forgotten the Rodius,that should come in two paper bags,one to put it in and another to put yourself in in case the other comes off. What were they thinking?

PS are ugly cars driven by stylistically challenged people?

And do car designers build in, say, chavness to appeal to such niche markets. I am beginning to think they do. Just another case of dumbing down.....

I bet they Cayenne must be breathing a sigh of relief now the Bentley 4x4 has been confirmed for production, it's no longer going to be considered the most ugly car in its group.

I'm with Pontoneer Nissan Joke is the ugliest car on the planet ovetaking my all time favourite the Fiat Multipla

Something by Dacia (saw one on the motorway the other day - couldn't get the model) which looks like a cross between an old Mazda 121 and a Ford Focus saloon. High, narrow, short, bizarre...

Runner-up has to be the current MINI coupe - the one with a pimple with windows on top instead of a passenger compartment.

Something by Dacia (saw one on the motorway the other day - couldn't get the model) which looks like a cross between an old Mazda 121 and a Ford Focus saloon. High, narrow, short, bizarre...

Runner-up has to be the current MINI coupe - the one with a pimple with windows on top instead of a passenger compartment.

Don't know about ugly but I have a Mini 1 as a loner at present (for the wifes Panda) and I just don't get it, inside is unrelieved black, the plastics are dreadful,you have to rev the nuts off it to get anything out of it,it is small inside,much more confining than the Panda and that stupid speedo is dreadful.
I had original minis and this isn't a tribute, it is an insult. Style over substance whereas the Panda is the other way round. Is it that I am getting old or is it that BMW publicity dept conned a lot of gullible young people who know nothing about the real Mini ?

Wow Grober, you've certainly posted some ugly pics!

Re some of the comments about new Range Rovers - I think it's real shame that such a fundamentally outstanding vehicle has been blinged and pimped to a point which causes me to spontaneously lol at the driver. Around my way, this will usually be someone who is late for an important meeting with thieir hairdresser. They should be called Cindy-Rovers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom