And today's "No Sh*t, Sherlock" News Item is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
The Dutch have worked out that providing extra traffic lanes reduces congestion!

Well I never :rolleyes:

It isn't quite as silly as it first appears. Providing extra lanes in the past has sometimes increased congestion as commuters alter their route or even their mode of transport in light of the new facilities. The M25 is a good example of this.

If only they could work that out here!!

Where I live for the past two years we have had a massive city centre road rework scheme going on with lotto funding and all sorts. Sadly I lived right in the middle of it and there great idea that has cost millions and lasted two years has been to route the traffic a different way but not add another lane!!

So we still have one lane in each direction meaning traffic is...... exactly the same!!!!

Millions spent, two years of horrendous traffic for nothing.

...and if they are available between two a sensible locations i.e from one main slip road to another. A sudden widening of the road that narrows down again a few miles later is rather pointless...

....speaking of pointless - the biggest waste of tax payers money was the introduction of traffic lights on m/way slip roads.

Good point don't get me started on pointless traffic lights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom