And yet another W212 E500!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DsBt256

Car
Soon-to-be W212 E500
Spent a decent amount of time looking around for an E500 W212 and stumbled upon this! Had a decent check around and it does seem to be in great condition! A look around, inside and out came out good!

It is now reserved however.

P.S
The secret is that I reserved it and have a week to decide whether to take it or not.
Should I be joining this forum properly along with her?

(If that's a wrong sub-forum then please do let me know!)

Spent a decent amount of time looking around for an E500 W212 and stumbled upon this! Had a decent check around and it does seem to be in great condition! A look around, inside and out came out good!

It is now reserved however.

P.S
The secret is that I reserved it and have a week to decide whether to take it or not.
Should I be joining this forum properly along with her?

(If that's a wrong sub-forum then please do let me know!)
Looks nice. How much was it up for?

It was advertised a month or two ago at an MB dealership I think. Price, - depends on spec / options, mileage of course. I did have a look at it first time (on web) but didn’t have the options I would want.

It was advertised a month or two ago at an MB dealership I think. Price, - depends on spec / options, mileage of course. I did have a look at it first time (on web) but didn’t have the options I would want.
I think it could be the same ad. The condition is what got me into it to be fair, as well as the mileage. It's 57k and outstanding condition. I do have to say the options are far from top-spec but I guess the sheer fact its an E500 clouds my better judgement :rolleyes: For what it is it is indeed a bit weird that no one decided to go for it, but maybe people are just picky or maybe (quite possibly) I don't know what to look out for?
Looks to be in great condition.
Indeed it is!

Any tips on what to look out for will be appreciated too!

If all goes well I will be sharing a bit more in the gallery section next week!

Personally I think the price is very good for a dealer. Checking if any air suspension problems would be a must ... otherwise routine stuff I’d say.

Once you have it, take it to a good indie for a full inspection asap, just in case.

sounds-great.jpg

Price sounds right, even good, for a dealer. It doesn't have a lot of extras for an E500, but that's hardly anything to stress about, unless there's a particular thing that you want, like a Pano roof, or split fold seats. (My two favourites). Who cares if it doesn't have £2k worth of rear screens that you won't use anyway?

Condition and Service history are important, of course. With just two owners, you've got a good chance of it being MB main dealer for the first and indy for the second.

It's not an issue if it's been moved on by an MB dealership. They could have had it as a trade in, and something "that old" with that mileage doesn't fit with normal main dealer stock policy.

What colour is it ? Black, blue ...?

Dark grey. If you click on the Technical Spec box, you get the full ad text. Some little details are obvious nonsense, but it is a Ford dealer selling it...

Last edited:
sounds-great.jpg

Price sounds right, even good, for a dealer. It doesn't have a lot of extras for an E500, but that's hardly anything to stress about, unless there's a particular thing that you want, like a Pano roof, or split fold seats. (My two favourites). Who cares if it doesn't have £2k worth of rear screens that you won't use anyway?

Condition and Service history are important, of course. With just two owners, you've got a good chance of it being MB main dealer for the first and indy for the second.

It's not an issue if it's been moved on by an MB dealership. They could have had it as a trade in, and something "that old" with that mileage doesn't fit with normal main dealer stock policy.

What colour is it ? Black, blue ...?
And indeed I think it's just like you said. Did an HPI check which showed previous private plates, and the owners. It does look like it was owned by the dealer when new for a few months then a private owner bought it and traded in Oct/Nov. I'm not too fussed with the extras, pano-roof would be nice but not a must, it seems pretty decently specced for my needs.
Had a look at the FSH documents and all seem to be pretty spot on, had the trans fluid replaced, serviced every year around feb/march at the merc dealers, latest service conducted at approved merc dealer too.
The engine sounds and looks healthy and tidy, and with that mileage I think it should be fine!

Once you have it, take it to a good indie for a full inspection asap, just in case.
Thanks for the tip, will do and see if we can spot anything!

For those curious the VIN is WDD2120722A035633.

It has the 'cornering illumination' which is a nice option.

These can't be very common and the price seems decent.

If you are curious, this is the data card showing the options fitted at build.

Cheers, had a look and it seems good!
It has the 'cornering illumination' which is a nice option.

These can't be very common and the price seems decent.
I think so too. Will hopefully fill you alll in next weekend!

I'm just sitting in the living room trying to prepare myself mentally for the upcoming week. Portsmouth to Middlesbrough is a bit of a trek, could maybe pull a sickie? :D

A good buy! The same car was advertised last November for £12,500 and presumably did not sell so is now yours for much less. It has a few extras doesn’t it? Reverse camera, memory seats, DAB radio? All in all it will have been around £55k when new 10 years ago. And with that mileage still in almost as-new condition. Enjoy the drive home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom