And you worry about valve caps being nicked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Boy duped customers on eBay out of £45,000

11 October 2004

A boy of 17 made £45,000 by duping people on the internet auction site eBay.

He cheated more than 100 customers over 13 months by offering goods for sale that did not exist, a court heard. One victim lost £2,500. The boy spent the money on weekends in New York, limousines for nights out with his friends, expensive gadgets, designer clothes, a quad bike and computer equipment. He sent emails to people he had ripped off taunting them about how he spent their money.

The boy, from Pontypool, Gwent, admitted 21 charges of fraud amounting to £16,105 at Cwmbran youth court in South Wales.

He asked for a further 64 offences, amounting to £28,860, to be taken into consideration. He will be sentenced at Newport crown court next month.

He obviously wasn't in Wales when the EU dropped it from the map !
They could have dropped him too.

Satch said:
Boy duped customers on eBay out of £45,000

11 October 2004

A boy of 17 made £45,000 by duping people on the internet auction site eBay.

He cheated more than 100 customers over 13 months by offering goods for sale that did not exist, a court heard. One victim lost £2,500. The boy spent the money on weekends in New York, limousines for nights out with his friends, expensive gadgets, designer clothes, a quad bike and computer equipment. He sent emails to people he had ripped off taunting them about how he spent their money.

The boy, from Pontypool, Gwent, admitted 21 charges of fraud amounting to £16,105 at Cwmbran youth court in South Wales.

He asked for a further 64 offences, amounting to £28,860, to be taken into consideration. He will be sentenced at Newport crown court next month.

Imagine if he had sold the goods in question. He could still have done all those things.

...no doubt he will be offered a job in the ebay Fraud detection department!

I wonder what his feedback rating looked like. Do you suppose nobody bothered to lool at it in 13 months?

neilrr said:
I wonder what his feedback rating looked like. Do you suppose nobody bothered to lool at it in 13 months?
Neil,

I was wondering exactly the same myself. Unless he had multiple personalities.

S.

i wondered if he ever 'sold' cars.....using the usual phrase 'no tyre kickers'.....would be ironic as no tyres, or car to kick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom