Android Auto - CLA Shooting Brake 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Al1974

Car
CLA AMG Line Shooting Brake 220d
Hi All
Apologies if this question has been raised previoulsy.

I have a 2016 CLA Shooting Brake and I'm trying to understand if it has Android Auto installed. When going into the cars infotainment system, Apple Carplay is an option in the telephone setting. I know that this works, as I plugged an iphone into the appropriate USB port and Carplay worked straight away. The issue that I have is there's no option for Android Auto in the infotainment system, plus my android phone does nothing when it's connected via the appropriate USB port. There is a booklet with the car that refers to Carplay and Android Auto, along with an information section within the infotainment system. I'm really confused and can only think that my car has just Carplay.

Can anybody shed any light on this for me, as I'm at a complete loss.

Many thanks.

Alan

Your car is v likely Android Auto capable but as it wasn’t installed at first purchase you will have to pay. A friend of mine HD! exactly this done at a main Mercedes Dealer last year which cost him iirc around £75. Am sure there are other options but a Dealer visit might be the best first move.

hth

Your car is v likely Android Auto capable but as it wasn’t installed at first purchase you will have to pay. A friend of mine HD! exactly this done at a main Mercedes Dealer last year which cost him iirc around £75. Am sure there are other options but a Dealer visit might be the best first move.

hth
That's fantastic and thank you for your help on this. I really appreciate it.

They didnt enable AA in the early cars (ie 2015/2016) because the software didn't work reliably/well. If a dealer did it for £75 that's stunningly cost-effective as they normally charge significantly more for just doing firmware let alone the other work that's needed.

If you fancy a trip down to Surrey then we do this all the time,.

They didnt enable AA in the early cars (ie 2015/2016) because the software didn't work reliably/well. If a dealer did it for £75 that's stunningly cost-effective as they normally charge significantly more for just doing firmware let alone the other work that's needed.

Thanks for the reply and much appreciated.

Is the car needed for the installation, or can it be done remotely? Sorry, but I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to tech.

Did it on a 66 Reg. Car came with CarPlay but not Android, done w’out a problem.

Did it on a 66 Reg. Car came with CarPlay but not Android, done w’out a problem.
With AA the early software is ropey. But if it got updated at some point to newer software that’s more robust with Android Auto. I don’t know exactly when it got more robust

Hi Richard
I have been looking to get AA activated on the used A180 2019 I have just purchased.
How much and where are you located in Surrey?
Thanks,
Brian

Lightwater Surrey - close to J3 M3. Follow the signposts off the motorway to Lightwater, they're Unique Car Sounds abput 1 1/2 miles after you take the Lightwater turning just after the BP garage on the left. Park if poss in front of the shop, the workshop entrance is the narrow access just to the right of the shop then round the back. Leave the car with them then walk back up the road about 2-300 yards to the pub which does a reasonable lunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom