Android Auto problems on my 2020 CLA pls help

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159322

Hello all new here

I'm having problems with Android Auto.
I've tried searching for support for Android Auto but can't seem to find a contract number or live chat , only there crap forum where I've left multiple post over 2 weeks ago and still not a single reply.
So I don't know where to go now ? And came across this mb owners club forum.

Basically when my phone (Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is connect just via Bluetooth I can here the ring from my car speakers as well as my phone - I can accept and make calls.

But when I've got my phone connected via USB because I want to use Spotify
(It's the only reason why I am having to use Android Auto) when someone calls neither my phone or the car rings
I just get the display of an incoming call on the display and when I accept the call neither myself or the caller can hear each other.

But if I make a call I can have a conversation
(The call goes through mercedes and not Android Auto)

To be honest I don't really want to use the phone , Google maps , or even android auto it's self BUT I need to use Spotify via USB so it's a better quality sound and I can control tracks etc from my display screen.

Any help guys pls or how in earth can I physically speak to someone at android auto

Just an update on this
This morning I decided to do the firmware update on my phone

Now MBUX says cannot open AA and sometimes it also says this device is not compatible !!
.wth how can it not be compatible when it's been working (kind of) for over a week !!

The phone is the issue as I tried my dad's Samsung note 8 works fine and also the dealer tried his huwaei phone and that was also fine

Just disappointed that a phone like oppo which is meant to be a high end phone has issues like this
Guess this just shows to stay with big brands (Samsung) on Android or apple
Wish I stayed with Apple iPhone !!

Will be sending an email to oppo about this and now I guess I'll have to downgrade my phone and take my dad's Samsung Note 8 while he gloated with his Samsung galaxy s20
Ahhhh

Or get an iphone.

90% of all problems we see with phones in cars are Android phones.

@Atarioldskool did you ever get this working? Got a 2020 C Coupe and can't get Android Auto working either. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ so it's not Oppo that's the problem.

I read one tip about changing the default USB mode in developer options, and this got me past the "android auto failed to start" message, but then when the black screen with AA logo appeared, it stuck there forever. Really disappointed, the main reason I went with the Premium model is have some decent smartphone integration for once!! Spotify integration hasn't worked in my previous BMW for years (after Spotify disabled it).

I got my Android Auto working. It was the cable. I was using a decent quality braided cable off Amazon, but it was quite long. For whatever reason, not compatible. When I swapped it for the standard black rubber cable that came with the phone, it worked first time.

Purchased this for a neater job and it works fine too, although getting the plug to fit into the car socket is a bit tricky because of the angled head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom