Android Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babaG

Car
X253
Hi there.

My first participation in a forum, plus a very recent MB owner, so forgive my ignorance...

I am George. I am from Cyprus
I recently bought a X253, Jan/2016 GLC, imported from the UK

As you can imagine, maps of Cyprus are not installed

I have 3 questions, if you could help me:

-what system do I have, NGT5.2?
-can somehow install Cyprus maps?
-Android auto I believe is not supported. CAN WE CHANGE THAT???

Any advice or link is more than welcomed
Thanks

Hi there.

My first participation in a forum, plus a very recent MB owner, so forgive my ignorance...

I am George. I am from Cyprus
Hello George and Welcome.

I recently bought a X253, Jan/2016 GLC, imported from the UK

As you can imagine, maps of Cyprus are not installed

I have 3 questions, if you could help me:

-what system do I have, NGT5.2?

Yes. Also known as NTG5*2.

Do you have COMAND Online with built-in navigation, or Audio20 with the optional Garmin Map Pilot?

-can somehow install Cyprus maps?
Assuming you have COMAND Online NTG5*2, then this is the latest update:

A 007 006 58 99 MERCEDES COMAND NTG5*2 MAP UPDATE UK & EUROPE 2020 V14.0

Compatible for:
• C-Class W205 03/2014-present
• C-Class Estate S205 09/2014-present
• GLC-Class X253 09/2015-present
• S-Class W222 07/2013-present
• S-Class Coupe C217 09/2014-present
• V-Class W447 05/2014-present
• Mercedes-AMG GT C190

Coverage:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta,Monaco,the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores), Romania, Russia (including Kaliningrad Oblast), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) plus the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, Vatican City.

As you can see, sadly Cyprus maps are not available with COMAND.

-Android auto I believe is not supported. CAN WE CHANGE THAT???

As far as I know, the X253 only got native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as of 2018, so your car won't have it.

It can be added however by installing additional hardware, see:

Hello George and Welcome.

Yes. Also known as NTG5*2.

Do you have COMAND Online with built-in navigation, or Audio20 with the optional Garmin Map Pilot?

Assuming you have COMAND Online NTG5*2, then this is the latest update:

A 007 006 58 99 MERCEDES COMAND NTG5*2 MAP UPDATE UK & EUROPE 2020 V14.0

Compatible for:
• C-Class W205 03/2014-present
• C-Class Estate S205 09/2014-present
• GLC-Class X253 09/2015-present
• S-Class W222 07/2013-present
• S-Class Coupe C217 09/2014-present
• V-Class W447 05/2014-present
• Mercedes-AMG GT C190

Coverage:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta,Monaco,the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores), Romania, Russia (including Kaliningrad Oblast), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) plus the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, Vatican City.

As you can see, sadly Cyprus maps are not available with COMAND.

As far as I know, the X253 only got native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as of 2018, so your car won't have it.

It can be added however by installing additional hardware, see:

Thank you. I really appreciate.

So I bought a so called premium car but connecting-wise is below less competitive and older cars! Pitty!

How do I distinguish if I have the built-in Garmin/audio 20 or the command online?

Thank you. I really appreciate.

So I bought a so called premium car but connecting-wise is below less competitive and older cars! Pitty!

How do I distinguish if I have the built-in Garmin/audio 20 or the command online?

When the radio is turning-on, it will show a message briefly:

If it says "Warning - do not let the system distract you from the traffic situation" - then you have Audio20 NTG5*2. It will have an SD-Card slot for the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation.

If it says "Warning - do not let COMAND distract you from the traffic situation" - then you have COMAND Online NTG5*2. It will have an SD-Card slot, but this is for music files etc, because the COMAND navigation software and maps are on the internal HDD.

Thanks again for the info
I really appreciate

Can I ask if Command or Audio 20 is better/preferred?

COMAND is the better unit.

Audio20 is the standard fitment, COMAND is an option that replaces Audio20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom