Android Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmb007

Car
E400 Cab
Thanks to this forum and in particular Bendo, I now have Android Auto activated in my 2015 E Class. Took about an hour and half at the indie.

This is after being told by a MB dealer it could not be done.

Still early days but I am loving it.

I now have the use of the following apps on my screen and still functionally of the various factory controls.

They are:-

Waze, BBC Sounds, Spotify, Phone, Back to Mercedes System, Calendar, Maps, Messages, News, Podcasts, Reminder, Settings, Weather, What's App, Customise, VLC,

Of the 16 apps I will only probably use:-

Waze and/or Google Maps, BBC Sounds, Spotify, What's App

But I now have 3 Navigation systems, Waze, Google Maps and the factory Maps (which is now out of date).

I am trying to sort out email notification's by SMS, but struggling to find Threes text gateway. If anybody knows it I would grateful for that info.

Regards
David

Hi Buddy, I am also new to this community. I have been searching on how to add carplay on the Becker Pilot module and it brought me to your post. Would you be able to share how you installed all of the apps? I have a A180 2015 plate. any advice would be really helpful!

Hi Buddy, I am also new to this community. I have been searching on how to add carplay on the Becker Pilot module and it brought me to your post. Would you be able to share how you installed all of the apps? I have a A180 2015 plate. any advice would be really helpful!
There is a plug in module you can buy that replace the Becker map pilot and gives you Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

I had no new parts fitted, I think due to having option 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5.
The indie added new codes and updated dab audio.
The compatible apps are added to the phone and appear when "Android Auto" is chosen in the standard MB menu.
I don't think I have a Becker Pilot module fitted.
Hope this helps.

Regards
David

I had no new parts fitted, I think due to having option 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5.
The indie added new codes and updated dab audio.
The compatible apps are added to the phone and appear when "Android Auto" is chosen in the standard MB menu.
I don't think I have a Becker Pilot module fitted.
Hope this helps.

Regards
David
Hi David,

I'm picking up a 2018 C63 tomorrow and I've been looking how to add Android Auto without needing to go through the pain and expensive of fitting a device behind the center console (which I did in my old car). However after extensive research I apparently can't use an OBD device to code Android Auto specifically because I have option 531. Apparently I need option 154 which I unfortunately do not...

Would you mind putting me in touch with who did yours please? As I would like to check whether this is possible for my particular car...

Kind regards

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I don't have option 154. What is the description for that code?

What NTG is Option 531?

The independent that did mine is in Cheshire, but I would assume that any MB indie with STAR could do the work.

It cost me £150 plus VAT and took about 1hour 30 minutes. and is described as Retro fit car play.

MB dealer told me it could not be done.

If you are serious about doing this email me at dmball74"at"gmail.com and I will provide more info.

Regards
David

And welcome to the forum

Hi Martyn,

I don't have option 154. What is the description for that code?

What NTG is Option 531?

The independent that did mine is in Cheshire, but I would assume that any MB indie with STAR could do the work.

It cost me £150 plus VAT and took about 1hour 30 minutes. and is described as Retro fit car play.

MB dealer told me it could not be done.

If you are serious about doing this email me at dmball74"at"gmail.com and I will provide more info.

Regards
David

I can't remember the description to 154 but it's an either/or option i.e. you either have 154 or 531 but not both.

Checked my VIN and it says 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5 (same as you stated above).

£180 is a lot cheaper than the piggyback device which is also a pain and messy to install!

To be fair it seems to be a problem specific to the C Class which would explain why you were able to code via the OBD but I cannot...

I can't remember the description to 154 but it's an either/or option i.e. you either have 154 or 531 but not both.

Checked my VIN and it says 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5 (same as you stated above).

£180 is a lot cheaper than the piggyback device which is also a pain and messy to install!

To be fair it seems to be a problem specific to the C Class which would explain why you were able to code via the OBD but I cannot...
The C class is not the same as an E class. You cannot add Apple CarPlay / Android Auto in the same way.

Send me your vin to [email protected] and I can advise what you can do.

i have this option been a new merc owner i have no idea what it means

527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

i have this option been a new merc owner i have no idea what it means

527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
You have NTG 4.5 comand.

There is a plug in module you can buy that replace the Becker map pilot and gives you Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
Hi Alfie,

Thanks for the advice, I have seen some on various websites. Would you be able to recommend me some?

Kind Regards
Moses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom