Android auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedbirdgb

Car
Mercedes Viano xlwb
Hi all, I've recently bought a 2019 e220 estate. Android auto just doesn't start up when I connect my phone, I've tried 3 phones and various USB cables. I'm now told by the dealer that it wasn't available on all cars, some had it, some didn't??? I thought this would be a simple update to the system or an option? It's got the dual digital screens. It's confusing me because your only relaying info from your phone onto the cars screen, why is this not a simple update? Can anyone give me some info on this please? Many thanks.

If u have dual digital screen, then that suggest to me anyway, u have the comand system, so should have it, unless it was an option the previous owner didn’t tick, if u go into the menu screen it should show apple car play and android auto.

If u have dual digital screen, then that suggest to me anyway, u have the comand system, so should have it, unless it was an option the previous owner didn’t tick, if u go into the menu screen it should show apple car play and android auto.
Hi, thanks for your reply. There's no android auto or apple car play in there.

In the menu click Mercedes Apps, then a sub menu should appear showing Apple Car Play and Android Auto, on mine it does, picture below, if it doesn’t in your vehicle, then I don’t know why

Attachments

• 6C8AA9C5-B7D7-4374-9E2E-1241E41602AD.jpeg
    6C8AA9C5-B7D7-4374-9E2E-1241E41602AD.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 14
if you have the spec sheet for your car, it should show what options came with your car, on it it would show code 16U for Apple Car Play, and 17U for Android Auto, if it isn’t on there, then it means your car doesn’t have these options, but I would be surprised a 2019 car doesn’t have these options.

Might sound silly as understand you have tried different cables / phones… maybe double check / try a different usb port in the car.

Ask Comandonline. I wouldn't be surprised if they know how to enable it.

if you have the spec sheet for your car, it should show what options came with your car, on it it would show code 16U for Apple Car Play, and 17U for Android Auto, if it isn’t on there, then it means your car doesn’t have these options, but I would be surprised a 2019 car doesn’t have these options.
This

Mine (a 2016 admittedly) had had the Apple licence applied when bought new, but not the Android Auto one annoyingly

Its a £399 retro fit from Comand on Line and whilst I am sure that is good value, I had an old family iPhone10 available, so popped a PAYG sim in it and am running Apple car play,
TBH, not enamoured by it and Waze, versus losing the Radio and MB Nav which I like. I have 4 months line rental for £10 so will continue with it for the moment

You should check the data card first to confirm you have it licensed and activated.

This

Mine (a 2016 admittedly) had had the Apple licence applied when bought new, but not the Android Auto one annoyingly

Its a £399 retro fit from Comand on Line and whilst I am sure that is good value, I had an old family iPhone10 available, so popped a PAYG sim in it and am running Apple car play,
TBH, not enamoured by it and Waze, versus losing the Radio and MB Nav which I like. I have 4 months line rental for £10 so will continue with it for the moment

You should check the data card first to confirm you have it licensed and activated.
Think you should be fine to listen to car’s radio whilst using Waze in carplay granted you’d have to toggle between the screens if you want to fiddle with the radio then go back into carplay… but quite sure the audio will still play. Also don’t think I’ve tried it but wonder if you use MB Navi and Waze you could have a reduced MB Navi prompt display on the right of a digital dash and Waze in carplay on the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom