Android head unit for cls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew W

Car
Vw caddy
There's a few on eBay to fit my car are they any good
Anyone any experience with these , they seem to have
all the bells and whistles , thank you .

Check the American forums there are ALOT of problems with them not to mention the issue of going from Fiber optic to their system

Hi,
You will need to completely rewire the stereo system, as the speakers are wired to the audio Gateway not the head unit (I am assuming from memory you have a CLS55) also you will lose the Harmon Kardon side if optioned from new.

andy27168 said:
Hi, You will need to completely rewire the stereo system, as the speakers are wired to the audio Gateway not the head unit (I am assuming from memory you have a CLS55) also you will lose the Harmon Kardon side if optioned from new.
Balls to that then ;)

Just get a little good quality Bluetooth receivwr for the glovebox and a good quality charging mobile phone holder and you are away. Same functionality

Costs about £50

Just get a little good quality Bluetooth receivwr for the glovebox and a good quality charging mobile phone holder and you are away. Same functionality

Costs about £50

Any links to this please?

Any links to this please?

Okay so I use this in my glovebox into the Aux port (great deal at the moment)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0148ANCXY/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Great sound quality, has 12 hours charge. Charges in 2 hours from mains of cigarette lighter in car.

Then I use a Brodit active phone holder for my Samsung S6 so I can safely use the touchscreen to select music (streamed or saved on the phone)

Car Holders

I also use one of these for hands free mobile

ViseeO MBU3000 Mercedes Benz Bluetooth Adaptor for Factory Fitted Cradles

Total cost around £200, no complicated fitting or ruining the look of the car

You simply set your phone bluetooth for

Audio - Coredy
Phone Calls - Viseeo

This means the car will still automatically mute the stereo when receiving calls or lower it for using the Sat Nav

And away you go.

Cheap, sounds good, no hastle and you get a high quality bluetooth receiver to take on holiday with you and turn any stereo into wireless

I have Viseo already but i am interested about this Coredy.

I will order one today and see how good it is. do i have to change input to Aux? whats the quality like?

Last edited:
I have Viseo already but i am interested about this Coredy.

I will order one today and see how good it is. do i have to change input to Aux? whats the quality like?

Yes you just use the aux input in the glovebox and set the headunit to aux

I would say the quality is very good, even streaming from Soundcloud etc - you just need to increase the volume over a CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom