Android 'phone & Skype

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Anyone using this combination? If so, how do you find it?

Also, what cost is involved? Is it free to use on a mobile device? Does it use your free minutes or data allowance?

Apologies, I'm a comlpete novice where Skype is concerned.

TIA, David.

Yes, just download and use it, like on a PC, no cost involved. I have it on Android 4.11.

Skype-to-Skype calls are free (audio and/or video), but calls from Skype to mobile phones or landlines are chargeable (though at a lower rate than BT and most mobile phone providers). Again, same as on a PC.

It works great for me on my Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4. I usually use it with Wifi.

Apart from the free Skype-to-Skype usage I have subscribed to have Unlimited Europe service by them to be able to call my sister's land-line in Austria for free as well. Subscription cost is 70EUR annually.

It works great for me on my Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4. I usually use it with Wifi.

Apart from the free Skype-to-Skype usage I have subscribed to have Unlimited Europe service by them to be able to call my sister's land-line in Austria for free as well. Subscription cost is 70EUR annually.

Quick hijack here, sorry, but I also have an Atrix. Have you had any problems with yours? I've lost the video player and the use of three letters on the keyboard, which I suspect was due to an app download!

Quick hijack here, sorry, but I also have an Atrix. Have you had any problems with yours? I've lost the video player and the use of three letters on the keyboard, which I suspect was due to an app download!

I have been using mine for 3 month or so now. I have not faces any similar issues yet. I have the stock keyboards and just started using Swype beta as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom