Android tablet info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinky

Car
Mercedes 200 ce 1994
The wife wants one.
Around about £100 Anybody got any advice on what to get.
Please.

My son bought a better one with bigger screen for £55 on the bay! I would wait for the Google Nexus - the cheap ones like that tend to have very insensitive screens and be quite slow with limited app stores (the cheapones don't seem to use or have access to the Google app store despite running Google's Android software), but Google's one is meant to be far better (especially as they are behind Android which their tablet will run)

Does it have to be android? Blackberry playbook is cheap as chips and will be able to officially use android apps shortly. Its what I am posting on now had it a year and its brilliant have music books and everything on it. Also does free video calls with other users £129 or thereabouts now :thumb:

Yes does everything you would normally expect of a laptop build quality is also excellent :thumb:

I'd Agree with the playbook comments.

I don't think you'll find a better tablet for £150. I was given two and ended up buying a family member a third one.

Saves me £30 each month in international calls alone.

Right Thanks all. I think its gonna be a Blackberry playbook then

She wont wait till the end of July but the Nexus sounds good.

Thanks again.

Where's the best place to get one?

Last edited:
Cheapest I last saw was Dixons in Manchester Airport last Monday £129.99 for the 16Gb. High street shops PC World or John Lewis?

What is the app situation with the playbook? Will I be able to use banking apps and download movies ok?

?? I just picked up a playbook from gumtree £55 Should get it next week .Cant wait

My daughter has enough money in her tip jar to buy one of these.

The problem is that pc world only sell the 200 quid version.

I have a friend coming out next Monday and he can bring one out. Any ideas where he can get the 8gb version?

?? I just picked up a playbook from gumtree £55 Should get it next week .Cant wait

Eh ......... I got scammed on this.

If it's too good to be true then it's too good to be true!

£55 bye bye!

Sorry to hear this... I avoid gumtree for this very reason.

Suggest changing tack now anyway as the new Nexus 7 is getting rave reviews and within your budget.

Couldn't wait for a Nexus so got a BB Playbook today.
Well chuffed!
What a great wee gadget.
Thanks for all the recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom