Andy Gayle's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris_J

Car
C220 CDi Coupe
know a lot of people rate this place but I've also read of a few people being upset after going there. The posts I've read here and on mb owners all have glowing reports in 05 and early 06. However, later posts show a few people being upset.

I need some work doing, and just wondering should I still give Andy Gayle's a go? Is the general consensus that it's still a good place to go or not?

P.S. Also posted the same question on MB Owners forum.

I've not been back there since 2004. So I'm not really qualified to comment on later experience. But, at the time, whilst the quality of the workmanship was 7/10, the customer experience was about 3/10. They asked me to get there for 0730, whereupon my car would be serviced and be back on the road before 9am. At 0915 I called a taxi, with my car sat outside still.

Killing an hour and three quarters at Andy Gayles place is difficult, believe me.

I'd also had a bad experience with a tranny oil change there, so after the poor service, vowed never to go back again.

The MB Owners club forum will doubtless give him a glowing report, as they always do. Andy used to post on there after he set up, but stopped in 2003-ish.

I never had the chance to put them to the test. I sent an email and follow-up a year or two ago and they didn't ever reply.

How's about WDM cars of Perry Barr? I've seen them advertise in the Owners Club magazine.

Everyone has good and bad experiences of every garage...
ive had a bad experience or two with George Fraser, but does not stop me from recommending him to everyone that has bought a car off me from the london area..
Same with Andy Gayle, I recommend him because the good reports outweigh the bad and he is probably the best in the area..

There was another one I called today, Howard something but I can't remember the name.

Well he never bothered to call me back with a quote for work I need doing.

How much could I roughly expect to pay for a new master cylinder fitted at an indie?

Well he never bothered to call me back with a quote for work I need doing.

How much could I roughly expect to pay for a new master cylinder fitted at an indie?
No more than 2 hours work.

What would the part roughly cost too?

On the bust bleed valve nipple, I guess it may be easier if I get a caliper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom