Andy Murray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lancebond

Car
S203 C220 CDI
Fair play to Andy Murray, he really asked some questions of Nadal today.

Such as, "Are you much better at tennis than me?"

To which Nadal answered, "Yes. Yes I am."

Murray threw that match away with silly errors...

Murray threw that match away with silly errors...

I think that's what it looks like when a team or player starts to run out of options. You see the same in football and particularly rugby.

Anybody watching Murray over the last few years would identify that he is a strong player with particular characteristics. He has agility and finesse.

His weakness on grass is his serve. First serve doesn't make it in often enough when he's up against a top tier player. His second serve is so useless against top tier players that he'd be better taking the risk of a double fault and repeating the first serve than the ritualised capitulation of his second..

Murray - British (English) when he's winning, Scottish when he loses...

..agreed. Rory McIlroy is Northern Irish, but holds a UK passport. Unfortunately even Rory doesn't know where he lives, having Belfast, GB as his Twitter location...as we all know Belfast is not in GB.

I, like a lot of people, really want to get behind Andy Murray but I can't.

Which is probably something to do with the fact that he doesn't look like he wants to be there and he's not enjoying the game.

A little humility would go a long way, you only need to look at Federer or Nadal...

He also has too much adulation for Federer and Nadal. He psychologically puts them above him, which of course they are... but there they'll stay unless he can change his approach. Great achievement though getting to semis again.... further than Federer this year!

At least he's always got his mother close by to comfort him.:rolleyes:

sweetpea said:
I, like a lot of people, really want to get behind Andy Murray but I can't.

Which is probably something to do with the fact that he doesn't look like he wants to be there and he's not enjoying the game.

A little humility would go a long way, you only need to look at Federer or Nadal...

You'd think he'd have a shave before going out on centre court.

He looked a mess, and played to suit his look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom