Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Looking forward to willing Andy on today in search for his 2nd Wimbledon championship.

Good Luck Andy. :thumb:

Ant.

indeed yes good luck to him.

If I had money, it would be on him having seen how he has played this year.:thumb:

lets set up a lewis Hamilton and Andy Murray appreciation thread.

Just to show our support of our British guys doing a good job shall we?

We can invite Welsh Footballists too.

It's sport not a popularity contest.

Will Andy Murray still be British if he loses ?

Sorry, I don't really get the whole cheering someone on thing. In my mind, they're extremely fortunate, well paid individuals doing their jobs, jobs many people would love to have.What next? Cheering on the checkout girl at the supermarket? Getting flags with a picture of your favourite bin man? Maybe cheering for a police officer as they peruse a villain?

Sorry, I don't really get the whole cheering someone on thing. In my mind, they're extremely fortunate, well paid individuals doing their jobs, jobs many people would love to have.What next? Cheering on the checkout girl at the supermarket? Getting flags with a picture of your favourite bin man? Maybe cheering for a police officer as they peruse a villain?

marvellous point.

Supporting things is not your thing then. Still, when the girl down the checkout can play tennis professionally as good as these can, I shall ensure we remove our support from her. After all, I want a check out girl on the check out, not some darling tennis player, overpaid and underworked.

Anyhow, think positive. It's not all bad.

I actually quite like the guy, he understands he's not the most thrilling person to interview and takes the pee out of himself in that respect.

Anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously is a good egg in my book.

We seem to prefer a plucky loser in this country than someone who actually wins things, which is quite a strange British trait.

I actually quite like the guy, he understands he's not the most thrilling person to interview and takes the pee out of himself in that respect.

Anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously is a good egg in my book.

We seem to prefer a plucky loser in this country than someone who actually wins things, which is quite a strange British trait.

I think that it's quite British to support the underdog.

I think that it's quite British to support the underdog.

I get that completely. What we seem to struggle with is when the underdog actually ups his game and becomes good. We're not quite sure how to handle that.

It might be considered unBritish and a bit vulgar to celebrate someone winning who's actually good.:crazy:

Yes it does seem so. I tend to think it is because we like to see a tryer regardless of the result. and generally, with the exception of football, most people who go see the sport, tend to know about it.

The players usually on both side in tennis get support from the crowd, who appreciate a good match.

But I do get amused when people don't accept that every so often we have produced the best in the sport (lewis) or one of the best (Andy Murray) and attempt to use some facts and figures to prove that they actually are not as good as their own competitors say they are.

sorry, i don't really get the whole cheering someone on thing. In my mind, they're extremely fortunate, well paid individuals doing their jobs, jobs many people would love to have.what next? Cheering on the checkout girl at the supermarket? Getting flags with a picture of your favourite bin man? Maybe cheering for a police officer as they peruse a villain?

yawn

Chuckling at a policeman perusing villains. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom