Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Heather Watson, and partner.

Not bothered where he comes from I thought he was excellent throughout the tournament. Like playing against a wall with his defence and stamina.

Lennox said:
Don't get me wrong I'm proud of my heritage and can track it back hundreds of years. But I'm British first and a true Scot at any wedding. It just annoys me when Americans, in particular, swap England, UK and Britain in the same sentence to mean the same place. I just hope this vote does not result in more than we thought. Other wise call me an Scottish immigrant living in England or Wales!!!
Lennox, those of us who live here, indeed those of us who have even visited here, know the difference. However, the US is such an enormous land mass that the large percentage of the populace feel no need to travel outside the country on holiday. After all, we have all but one of the major land types in our own country. Australia is the same. The major issue with the US is that we focus on our own country for lower level education geography and history. I cannot help but think that currently we could do with focusing in the same way here. I find many locals know less about UK history than I do, though I'm completely perplexed, to be honest, about the geography of the U.K. South of Brum...

Edit: And I meant to add, what a great day for British sport!

Just watched the finial. Fairly conclusive.

Well chuffed for Andy.

And yes, now I've seen it that defo looked like Karl Pilkinton next to Ivan Lendl. Spooky.

Ant.

Edit: And I meant to add, what a great day for British sport!

I'd echo this! Well done to Andy, Lewis and Heather Watson today.

Not to put a damper on Andy's win, but Novak Djokovic being eliminated earlier made life so much easier for both finalists to make it through.Andy hasn't had the best of results against him in the past so to win through this time is a super result. Shame it didn't go to 5 sets for the fans. Matches of the tournament Murray v Tsonga and Federer v Cilic.

Not to put a damper on Andy's win, but Novak Djokovic being eliminated earlier made life so much easier for both finalists to make it through.Andy hasn't had the best of results against him in the past so to win through this time is a super result. Shame it didn't go to 5 sets for the fans. Matches of the tournament Murray v Tsonga and Federer v Cilic.

And Gordon Reid today and yesterday a double winner...in the wheel chair events.

It didn't make it easier for Andy to get through to the final...and remember who Andy beat the last time he won.

It didn't make it easier for Andy to get through to the final...and remember who Andy beat the last time he won.

Yep. The reason he didn't play him was Novak got knocked out! :crazy:

Gotta be init to winit :bannana:

That was 3 years ago. How many times has he lost to Djokovic since? Almost every time.
He has lost two Grand slam finals this year alone to him.

Maybe his path to the final was no easier, but meeting him in the final would maybe not have brought today's result.

No matter, it was a well deserved win and I forgot about Gordon Reid too:doh:

Yep. The reason he didn't play him was Novak got knocked out! :crazy:

Gotta be init to winit :bannana:

Querrey beat Novak, Raonic beat Querrey...Andy would only have met Novak in the final...so Novak going out did not help Andy to the final.

Querrey beat Novak, Raonic beat Querrey...Andy would only have met Novak in the final...so Novak going out did not help Andy to the final.

You don't have to tell me that pal. My post was agreeing with you. :thumb:

Meaning Andy didn't get knocked out, Novak did.

Hence, if you stay in it, you will win it.

Think AMGeed was meaning more about the psychology of Andy if/when he plays Novak. It's all in the mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Murray to be questioned by police after being caught carrying an old man around in his tennis bag

FB_IMG_1468187541283.jpg

Andy miserable Murray can't stick him since he was over heard saying he hated the English.

he was over heard saying he hated the English.

Was he?

I thought the anti-English thing was blown up after he was asked about who he supported in the World Cup a few years back and said any team other than England - and a joke answer got blown up into something much nastier by the media.

Having heard some nasty comments from friends based down in London over the weekend I'm not overly impressed by the prejudice shown against him.

Andy miserable Murray can't stick him since he was over heard saying he hated the English.

Did he though?

I remember him saying, jokingly, that, in reference to whatever fairyball tournament was running at the time, he would "support whoever England were playing against".....he was maybe 19 at the time and was a "defensive jibe, teased out of him during a joint interview with Tim Henman in 2006".

He has since married an English girl.

Maybe we should all be judged forever on a comment or flat joke we made when we were daft teenagers....what do you reckon?

Impressive but I just don't see how this is a sport.... Useful in a garage with no lift though!! [emoji13]

It's a competition of physical prowess in which skill, strength and training all play a part. Other people may pay to see it, or not.

If this is not sport, then neither is boxing, rock climbing, MMA, etc.

And aye, let's leave Murray alone. Maybe he said some daft things when he was a 19 year old boy, but who hasn't? Would I want to be judged on the things I said and did 27 years ago, for the rest of my life? Back then he let his emotions get the better of him, but now he's a mature professional and he earnt that win every step of the way.

It's something we all say who don't live in England. It winds you up so easily.

My mother is English so take it from me...it's by and large tongue in cheek.

Scots are a superior breed!!! Just realise this! Lol!!! [emoji104][emoji12][emoji104]

It's something we all say who don't live in England. It winds you up so easily.

My mother is English so take it from me...it's by and large tongue in cheek.

What like our money not being acceptable south of the border?? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom