Angel Tuning Group Remap - Feedback Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes here, but I thought I would do some housekeeping and start a new thread for all feedback relating the Angel Tuning remap day on 1st May.

I hope it makes for a good repository of information as it's quite rare that so many people go to a single remap supplier in one day.

So starting tomorrow, feel free to add your feedback of the day to this thread.

Many thanks and I hope to say HI to some of you tomorrow :)

brill day, cant belive the differance it made to the 147, much more power, no lag any more in second from low speed.
on the way down was careful to note the trip computers readout at 60 mph in top by the sat nav speed readout, it repotred 47 to 53 mpg over about 10 miles.
on way home noticed the trip computer reported 55 to 63 over the same distance!

they guys explained that the manufactures dont optimise the maps etc for full output due to tuv approval, they set them up so the cars will produce the claimed figures all over the world in all types of enviroment, and pass silly emmissions laws imposed in hypicritical countries that burn so much oil anyway(usa).

so conclution to the remap is the difference is amazing. i was a bit doubtfull, but thought at the price it was worth a punt, and it deffinatly was.

the guy from gamma said he was impressed by the std performance and amazed by the tuned grunt, and the previous car he drove was a supercharges cl 55 amg!

on a side note, they had a four door e30 beemer with a 4.0 v8 in it and 6 speed manual.

they gave me a drive... first 'customer' they have let loose in it, i can only say that i loved it, really really quick, it honestly felt better (quicker) than an e63 i had the privilidge to be taken out in a few weeks ago from colechester mercedes, albeit i wasnt allowed to drive that, and yes, the salesman did give it the beans as well, he nearly lost it on one traffic island, and said it was diliberate to show the traction control worked!

The sound from the exaust of the bimmer was amazing also, sounded a bit like the judd v8 on utube.

give gama severn grand and an e30, and they will give you back an amazing track/weekend car, said the 4.0 4.4 and m5 engines will all go in.
not sure of the insurance premiums thou.

Well a nice day and great to meet you all..:thumb:
My findings are that the remap has made a difference albeit not a massive as others have found - suppose it's a case of % gain not just pure bhp. The power delivery is smoother and on the run home I surprised myself going up a hill passing a few cars and scaring one driver who never saw me coming.

MPG seems to have improved (a rough measure) by 2-3 mpg.

Here's a few pics
Banbury1.jpg

spot the hidden object above (no prizes)..:D
Banbury10.jpg

Banbury12.jpg

Banbury13.jpg

Harry - I removed a few of your scratches....:D
Banbury14.jpg

Banbury15.jpg

Banbury2.jpg

Banbury3.jpg

Banbury4.jpg

Banbury5.jpg

Banbury6.jpg

Banbury7.jpg

Banbury8.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't spot this :eek:

What are they claiming as an increase on the N/A 55 engines ? Will ?

Did anyone take a 430 of any description ?

Whats the normal cost ?

Thanks for uploading the pics so quickly - was a pleasure meeting everyone.

I will be putting up a full write up very soon, for the moment all I can say I have found the power delivery much more readily available as there used to be a bit more of a lag when putting the foot down prior to the remap.

Didn't spot this :eek:

What are they claiming as an increase on the N/A 55 engines ? Will ?

Did anyone take a 430 of any description ?

Whats the normal cost ?

I had no chance of going in my 430 with other commitments.....shame

Great posts guys. Seriously I wish I could have been there. Hopefully next year if it happens. I'm hoping by then I'll have a choice of two mercs. Anyone take a 300td or a 320 cdi?

I'm interested in results for the 430 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great posts guys. Seriously I wish I could have been there. Hopefully next year if it happens. I'm hoping by then I'll have a choice of two mercs. Anyone take a 300td or a 320 cdi?

I'm interested in results for the 430 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crockers car - who has posted the pics above had his 320 cdi there today.

hi guys, turned out to be a good day, was really nice to meet you all, nice to put some face's to you's, big big thanks to the organisers and to angel tuning, once again nice to have met you all.

spk soon ( taxi matt )

oh, i can tell a difference in the car, feels better and smoother, i took my time getting home and drove slowly and got 49.5 mpg which i think is good has it wasnt all motor way. when i got close to home thought i would give it some, and did notice a big black cloud of smoke that went on for a while, i went from 70-120, might have been just burning crap out the system. im not sure has since i fixed that bar that controls the inlet manifold it stopped the black smoke. il have a chat with nigel when he's free. part from that grate job angel tuning

Last edited:
hi guys, turned out to be a good day, was really nice to meet you all, nice to put some face's to you's, big big thanks to the organisers and to angel tuning, once again nice to have met you all.

spk soon ( taxi matt )

And...what about the car??

Great to meet up with you guys!

Thanks to Nigel and the guys at GAMA, and to NPUK for pulling this gig together. :thumb:

My thought are as per Crockers above. Not the "way hay" factor that others are reporting, but as the 320CDI has quite a lot of grunt straight out of the bag in the first place, the effect of the remap is not so dramatic. Yes, mine feels like the power delivery is smoother, and for longer up the rev range, not it's not the transformation others have apparently seen.

I did a reset and check of the mpg on the run there and the run back, and they are 43.2 there and 43.6 back. I did take a slightly different route back (more motorway rather than A-road) which may account for the marginal difference.

I will report back after a while once I've put a few miles on it.

Here are a couple of before and after photos.

Before:
Before.jpg

And after:
After.jpg

:D

:thumb: I saw what you did there ;)

Very pleased with the remapping, very professionally done. It was not the acceleration (the CL does have 500bhp) it was the smoothness of the power increase that was impressive. Thank you to all that was involved in making it such a great day, to Nigel and his very pretty assistant for the coffee and bacon sandwiches and to Matthew of Gamma Motorsport for road -testing the CL55 and the gentleman who plugged it into his laptop.
Good to see some old faces and put names to new faces, sorry i could not wait around.

Thanks for the photo's.

It was really nice to finally put faces to all of the names earlier today (errr...yesterday :D )

Many thanks, in no particular order to..........

NPUK.......for arranging the day :)

Nigel........for being Nigel (and for being completely honest throughout the entire day) :):)

Matt........and all of the guys (and gal) at GAMA Motorsport for hosting a really great day. And for the bottomless coffee, and for the largest pizzas I've ever seen :):):)

Graham.....for his photographic genius (as seen above!)

And everyone else that turned up - I understand that everyone who put their names on the list here all turned up...excellent turnout and result.

Now the really good news........

MPG getting there..........average = 43.6
MPG getting there..........peak = 44.8

MPG getting back...........average = 46.1
MPG getting back...........peak = 47.2

Exactly the same route, same driving style, similar traffic, similar weather.

Payback time = 2/3 months :thumb:

Now the really, really, really good news........

Gunned it a few times on the way back :eek: :eek:..........................

Much smoother throttle response through the entire range :bannana:

Low to mid-range acceleration......Wow - different car! :bannana::bannana:

Massive improvement in medium to high range torque :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Great job done by all...............and must just say all of the guys at Angel and Gama worked their nuts off from 08.00am until when I left at 17.00pm, and they were still going :rock:

Forget 'Sprint Boosters'. Forget 'Chips'. Get remapped - you will not be disappointed ;)

Thanks again to all for a great and very worthwhile day :D

Let's hope nobody got any tickets on a frivolous homeward bound journey :crazy:

Hope to see you all again soon ;)

Alex

Last edited:
Thank you to Nigel and his team for their hospitality, the bacon sandwich, coffee and pizza were all a welcome bonus.

It was also nice to be involved in my first GTG, to put faces to the names at last. I hope the next time is sooner than the 2 years it's taken me since joining the forum.

Simply, the remap has been VERY noticeable on my car. Though starting from a low base (75bhp) the only way was up :)

Before the remap, peak torque was noticeably between 1800-2500. After 2500 it dropped away very quickly, so I never bothered going there and would keep on changing gear up.

Now after the remap, the torque is higher but seems to last much longer too, maybe until 3500 or 4000. So I can now continue to change gear up early as before and use that extra torque, or if wanting to overtake a milk-float, I can now leave it in gear and accelerate strongly for longer.

All in all, I'm one happy customer. :)

The sound from the exaust of the bimmer was amazing also, sounded a bit like the judd v8 on utube.

We heard it from the workshop too, even when you were ~1 mile away :)

Last edited:
A good day. Met some very nice people, looked and talked about their very nice cars, got a tan, drank coffee, ate pizza.......oh and at the end of a very long day got my car remapped :thumb:

Interesting drive home. The A roads between Banbury and the M5 gave ample opportunity to check out the overtaking capabilities :devil:

The verdict - a definite improvement. Power delivery is smoother and more linear. The power starts earlier and climbs smoothly making overtaking even more effortless than it was previously.

I am very pleased. :D

Taking into account the bargain price we paid I am doubly pleased. :D:D

I won't comment on fuel economy until I have had a chance to do a couple of brim to brim calculations.

Finally many thanks to all involved - Nigel and the guys at Angel, Matt and his guys and gal at Gamma, NPUK for the organisation and of course all the members who turned up and made it an enjoyable social occasion. :thumb:

Has no one spotted the missing object in the first photo????

yes was a good day guys, some very nice cars there, put my taxi to shame ha ha, worst thing was getting mine to start ha ha.
i havnt took my car out today, has you can guess wont start, when it gets dry il use the magic key.
i am happy with the remap, but my only concern is the black smoke thats visible again when i put my foot down, its a problem i had some time ago, which was in the post ( black smoke ) narrowed it down to the inlet manifold valve and that the bar come off, got a new bar and all was good, it started working properly and black smoke stopped, but on my home i did floor it a few times and i was getting the same black smoke again and quite heavy again, parked up when i got back and checked the bar to make sure it had'nt come off, and it hasnt still there and still working, so this is something that needs looking into. the car feels much better, feels faster and better though the gear change, the remap has for sure made a big differance to the way the car runs. just need to get to the bottom of the black smoke and getting car to start ha ha
il be taking the car to the excellent guy that done my rolling road, and hopefully if he can get his widows 95 to run, il get a read out of car with the remap, he might have to write it in again ha ha, but il let you know the outcome.

great day guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom