Angel Tuning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jumperjohn

Car
E500 5.5 V8 Estate!
I am wondering whether anyone has used Angel tuning before, I have searched and it seems a few have, however I'm looking for people who have had their CL500 etc remapped by them.

I received this email from them the other day:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the upgrades Angel Tuning offer for your Mercedes E-Class. We currently have an offer of doing the remap at our Banbury outlet for just £195.00 all inc, to take advantage of this offer please call 01295 758739.

This car cannot be mapped live on the dyno, the ECU has to be programmed static, so any dyno runs would be purely indicative of how things are running, which is actually better of done on road run anyway. If you want pre/post dyno figures it is an additional £80 on the non offer price making it £315.00.

AT A GLANCE QUOTE
Charge including VAT & Coming To You:- £250.00
Charge including VAT at our Banbury outlet £235.00
BHP Increase:- 18
Lb Ft Increase:- 20
Average Economy Improvement:-** 12.1% Overall

ADDITIONAL ITEMS
ITG Competition Air Filter (Inc P&P) :- £78.00
Custom Stainless Steel "Cat Back"Exhaust (Fitted)* :- £655.00
Remap & Air Filter Package (Mobile) :- £310.00
Remap & Air Filter Package at Banbury outlet :- £295.00
Remap & Exhaust Package (Silver)* :- £860.00
Remap, Filter & Exhaust Package (Gold)* :- £920.00
EBC Front Drilled & Grooved Brake Discs (Fitted)* :- £0.00
EBC Front Brake Pads (Fitted)* :- £135.00
Goodridge Brake Hoses (Fitted)* :- £330.00
Eibach Sports Lowering Springs (Fitted* :- £0.00

* ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE OUTLET

** Average improvement over at least 5 E-Class 5.0i tuned by Angel Tuning

My questions are:
How do they know if an increase in BHP and torque has been made if only a road test before and after is performed?

The average economy shows an increase of 12%, (DMS say MPG after their remap is not adversly affected) How likely is this give the claimed BHP and Nm increase?

If you were to get a remap would a performance air filter make sense?

DMS automotive quoted £650+vat this includes a delimit and rolling road.

Or should I stop messing about and just leave the car as it is............:D

Remapping a CL500?

Sir, that is quite a big d!ck you have there already, and the figures quoted by Angel will effectively only gain you another 1/4".

Personally, I'd spend the money on taking Cheryl Cole out to dinner and then showing her what you already have. ;)

:D

Leave it alone man. It does nothing to non aspirated engine anyway really. Spend the money on bigger wheels etc.

I had my E55 remapped by Angel Tuning at a group remap a few years ago for, I think £100, and whilst they were a bunch of nice lads and I did believe what they told me that I would gain around 18hp, I have to say the only benefit I think I got was that when I advertised my car for sale, I indicated that it had 372bhp as apposed to 354bhp:( with a print out from Angel Tuning,

I doubt you would feel any difference!!

Thanks for your responses,

I agree with all, I should put the cash towards some summer alloys instead. I'm now going to post on the wheel and tyre section and ask for the explanation of offsets.........:doh:

Hi,

Remaps on non turbo cars give very little benefit, maybe 10% at absolute best, and on something with the power you have you will not notice it one bit.

For it to make sense, you would need to do a lot of other expensive things with inlet manifolds, headers and exhausts and then have a remap - which would probably cost you at least a grand and give you about an extra 40 to 50hp, and again you would only really notice this if you put lead in your right shoe.

You could just buy nitrous kit........:)

I'd spend the money getting your primary cats emptied ...

I need to spend money on an airmatic suspension fix..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom