Angry AMG & Timmy Mallet fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
FRONT PAGE

Major crackdown on supercar drivers in Knightsbridge deemed a success with no fines issued

JAMIE BULLEN

A crackdown on mega-rich drivers racing through one of London's poshest areas has been hailed a success with no fines dished out since the new rules were introduced.

Kensington and Chelsea council brought in a public spaces protection order in November to tackle irresponsible supercar drivers after sleep-deprived residents in Knightsbridge complained.

Some claimed motorists revved their engines, raced through the streets, performed stunts and sounded their horns to show off their high-performance cars.

Under the new powers, petrolheads face a £1,000 fine if they are caught speeding, revving their engines too loudly, using foul language and playing music too loudly.

And the council said its toughened stance has helped to tackle the problem while also stamping out other offences across the borough.

A Kensington and Chelsea spokeswoman said: "Council enforcement officers and police colleagues patrolled the PSPO area at various times following the launch and no breaches were observed by either the council or police.

"We also received no complaints from the general public.

“Nonetheless, the patrols have been successful in other ways: council officers took enforcement action against numerous unlicensed street traders and helped disrupt some of the illegal gamblers.

Read more
Supercar drivers face £1,000 fines in clampdown on mega-rich motorists

"The police had success regarding beggars, gamblers, theft, shop lifting, breach of bail and drug offences."

However, despite the good start the council said it was making plans for the summer when more anti-social behaviour is expected.

The spokeswoman added: "We acknowledge that the busiest time of year is usually in the summer months, however we were expecting some activity over the Christmas period as in previous years.

"It may be that the publicity regarding the PSPO and the increased officer presence went some way to significantly reducing this vehicle-related ASB.

“Officers are looking to adjust their patrol hours to see if problems are experienced at different times, and we will undertake a fresh communication campaign and new timetable of enforcement patrols closer to the summer.”

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Wait until the summer when the super-rich come back on their annual visit. £1,000 fine won't bother them

Bloody police I'm skint now! :-(

Wait until the summer when the super-rich come back on their annual visit. £1,000 fine won't bother them

Not to mention those with 'diplomatic immunity'....

£1000 fine lol lol lol.

I've been with some Arab friends who tip that to the doorman in London

:thumb:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1453719441946.jpg
    FB_IMG_1453719441946.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Pensioner infuriated by Middle Eastern supercars in London keyed a Mercedes | Daily Mail Online

Today he represented himself and pleaded guilty to a charge of causing £2,305 worth of criminal damage to the car, which can reach 0 - 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 155mph, on July 5.
MacGowan, of Islington, central London, told the court: 'I came onto Sloane Street to be faced by an appalling noise caused by cars gunning in the street.
'Me and my friend found the noise painful as well as annoying and I asked a policeman to stop the first car, but it took no notice of the police.
'I stood in front and out of sheer frustration I just scratched the car.'
Prosecutor Kate Shilton said: 'A series of supercars were racing up and down Sloane Street and causing distress to members of the public by deliberately stopping and revving their engines.
'Members of the public called the police and officers instructed the drivers to stop, but some of them ignored the police and Mr MacGowan stepped into the street to stop them.

Why don't the police use ASBO legislation on the For A Few Decibels More cowboys and confiscate and crush their cars?
Antisocial is antisocial.A person has as much right to a good nights (or day if they work night) sleep as they have to having their possessions go unscratched.

What surprised me here is, if you watch the video (google the headline) at one point a Policeman stands in front of a C63 and orders the driver to pull over. The driver ignores that and goes around the Policeman. Another C63 Driver then does a u-turn.

The "crowds"are clearly not impressed by the din or the driving standards on display or the fact that when the guy gets his car keyed he starts yelling profanities. It is difficult to hear him over the din of the revving engines.

It is odd that none of the drivers have been prosecuted? Yobbish behaviour at best, illegal at worst.

I've been issued an ASBO for much less. (For being sarcastic to a truck driver who approached me while stopped at a traffic light accusing me of dangerously overtaking when the manoeuvre was anything but dangerous).
Failing to stop for the police who subsequently apprehended me? Unthinkable.

brucemillar said:
What surprised me here is, if you watch the video (google the headline) at one point a Policeman stands in front of a C63 and orders the driver to pull over. The driver ignores that and goes around the Policeman. Another C63 Driver then does a u-turn. The "crowds"are clearly not impressed by the din or the driving standards on display or the fact that when the guy gets his car keyed he starts yelling profanities. It is difficult to hear him over the din of the revving engines. It is odd that none of the drivers have been prosecuted? Yobbish behaviour at best, illegal at worst.

Old news.........

Typical C63 arrogance as usual. These guys should not be allowed on Sloan street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom