AngryDog's yet unnamed W211 E55 AMG project thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Well after threatening to buy a new car for ages, I finally did.

Welcome to my W211 E55 AMG.

It is a 2004 car with 805 build code in Cubanite Silver. It has 135k on it but it looks like it has been looked after with lots of money spent at main dealers and good independents. It also has a panoramic roof which is quite cool I must say.

Obviously there are a few niggles with it as always, but nothing major. It needs a little cosmetic work but again nothing major.

It is a bit quick. A 2 tonne car has no right to be this quick. The supercharger whine is addictive. I'd call the call nasty in its power delivery. It makes my E39 M5 feel sooooo slow, when it isn't. This is just in another league!

So without further adieu, here it is.

PNTDlRk.jpg

rBRpimI.jpg

1pG0jN1.jpg

gNXfhO2.jpg

Rq82OZg.jpg

x4U4Iud.jpg

4fHYZxo.jpg

I have to say thanks to Alps and Merc85 for their advice when I found a car to look at, it is very much appreciated.

I have just bought a Viseeo MBU 3000 for it so I'll have Bluetooth phone connectivity soon.

I also had to buy some locking wheel nuts as amazingly it didn't have any!!!

Other immediate plans are;

Change the front grill.
Fit MBU 3000
Stick rear spoiler down properly as it has come loose.
Refit rear plastic boot cover its come away a little and I think it is letting a little water in.
Book it in with MSL for a check up.
Enjoy it!

Love the colour, the wheels really suit it too.

Thanks. Yeah they do. I was going to get some BBS LM style wheels but I am quite happy with these. 19" though! 275 rears which I think is the widest they can go?

I need to take it to the Pod lol

I've got a Standard grille for a w211 if you want it bud, "non distronic"

Love the car, the colour is very nice and the wheels suit the car IMO. The black grille looks out of place, presumably the grille was originaly chrome.

Last edited:
Lovely color mate and the wheels do suit it.

get rid of that Black series badge and the chrome number plate holders and it`ll be a good base look to start with :)

New rear badge ordered (correct style).

Not sure what grill to go for though.

I need to get the wheels refurbed, I'll stick with the same colour scheme as they are now though.

I also need a new key. Where is best to get one from?

Mot booked for 28th, didn't realise it was so short, misread the date on the cert. Doh!!!

I may have my original OEM grille around. Done 50k mile, shouldn't be in bad nick. PM me if interested.

Nice buy!
I was considering in getting this one as well, but ended up buying one from this forum.

Is it lowered or stock height?

Cheers. I don't know tbh. It seems to sit well so could be.

Cheers, I'll have a think!

I may have my original OEM grille around. Done 50k mile, shouldn't be in bad nick. PM me if interested.

Thanks, I'll have a think!

The W211 is definitely one Mercedes that looks 100% better with the Avantgarde grille, the big star looks terrible.

Congrats on the car by the way, a bit of tweaking and you've got a stunner!

The W211 is definitely one Mercedes that looks 100% better with the Avantgarde grille, the big star looks terrible.

Congrats on the car by the way, a bit of tweaking and you've got a stunner!

Oh yes I've had that lecture lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom