Animation from a digital camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
My eldest has announced that he want to produce some Monty Python animations over the school hols....

We have most things - cameras, tripods, lights, etc - but does anyone know of any software that can put the individual frame together? I've seen some that produce animated GIFs, but he's looking at putting longer masterpieces together of about 30-60 seconds.

The idea (as you'll probably know) is to put the individual frames together and then add the sound after.

It's outside of my realm of experience - any ideas?

Adobe Premiere is probably the best of the bunch but it's expensive. The full version of Quicktime will compile images in roughly the same way.

I'm sure there are free ones around (Film Gimp springs to mind but I think that's been taken over now) if you search sourceforge and the like

Good luck

Andy

Another free one i use and the game industry uses is Bink, Smacker & Grannie.. (A few raised eyebrows here)

http://www.radgametools.com/ It will put together each individual frame into an AVI or EXE file

Or another i use is the upgrade to Quicktime to Quicktime Pro for £10 this will also collate all your stills like Andy states

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom