Annoying driver habits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drivers who, when turning right at a mini-roundabout, cut across the right-hand side of the centre causing traffic approaching on their right to have to take avoiding action.

I had this rectified, as a side effect of fitting a slightly wider tyres: 225/40-18 instead of the original Contis 215/40-18 (there were no Goodyear in that size for some reason) - now not only I have a much better tyres, but my speedo is spot on too. :)

Really? That does surprise me. Bigger diameter, therefor bigger circumference yes, but how does a wider tyre adjust traveling speed? (Distance travelled per single rotation)

Reactions: GLK
I thought everyone did that? :dk:

:D:D:D
Well certainly the ones who ride or drive with observation, awareness and forward thinking.:cool:
But, as we are hearing here, there are those who seem incapable of joined up thinking on the approach to a fully visible roundabout....

Drivers who don't use their indicator when required or use it too late (i.e. have already braked / started turning when they indicate).

IBM....Indicate, Brake, Manoeuvre

Really? That does surprise me. Bigger diameter, therefor bigger circumference yes, but how does a wider tyre adjust traveling speed? (Distance travelled per single rotation)
Well, the key is /40 in both cases - the wider tyre is 8mm taller.
It's not much, but makes the speedo readout pretty close to GPS.

Shit cars which have a really loud exhaust, some which actually sound half decent. So your excited wondering what car it is, and then its a piece of shit and your sad. :D

People who don't know how to give way on mini roundabouts.
U-turns on mini roundabouts.

The plonkers who think that in any motorway speed restriction lane discipline is no longer required, however light the traffic, and just sit there at a steady 50 mph in whatever lane they happen to be in.

Even more annoying, the same plonkers who will sit there, line abreast, in all three lanes at the same speed. Yes, I know they're not breaking any law, but does it never occur to them that there may be other drivers who would like to go a little faster than the posted limit, whom they could accommodate simply by lifting off a touch and dropping in behind the car in the second lane?

Whenever I see an entry slip in the distance I move across in anticipation.
I keep an eye on the entry slip to see if there're any vehicles that will need to join as I approach and move over if that will make it easier or safer for them. Obviously, that's not always possible if lane two is busy.

The plonkers who think that in any motorway speed restriction lane discipline is no longer required, however light the traffic, and just sit there at a steady 50 mph in whatever lane they happen to be in.

Even more annoying, the same plonkers who will sit there, line abreast, in all three lanes at the same speed. Yes, I know they're not breaking any law, but does it never occur to them that there may be other drivers who would like to go a little faster than the posted limit, whom they could accommodate simply by lifting off a touch and dropping in behind the car in the second lane?

'a little faster' :rolleyes:

Reactions: MPG
Well, yes. As many drivers seem to be aware, enforcement of the limit is not generally considered until the speed exceeds 57 mph at least, and I believe a significant proportion of drivers happily trundle along at, say, 55 mph...

Drivers in newer models than yours that stare at you to see if you’re looking at their shiny motor. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MPG
There is nothing wrong in pressing the button on a pedestrian crossing and then waiting, whatever the traffic conditions. For children and older folk it is the safe way to cross. I'll concede that those who press the button and then cross before the light changes can be mildly irritating.

God dammit!! People who quote my posts out of context. :D

Or should that be me explaining myself better? ... possibly the latter. :wallbash:

Nothing. Take a breath and get on with your life.

I spend 50hrs a week driving an HGV in the centre of London. If I lost the rag every time I was cut up/not let out at junctions/overtook as it merges into one lane etc etc. I’d be a psychotic quivering wreck.

Getting irate accomplishes nothing. I just whistle, solves everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hey Jude usually, by the time it gets to the Na na na na na na part, I’m pretty much home (60 miles from London)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post a YouTube video it'll go viral with just 103's views alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom